No announcement yet.

Game Warden Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the confusion is what is the definition of final destination...

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Right!

So my deer is cubed and in freezer bags and packed in the deep freeze. Horns are at the taxi with a tag. Some time after deer season I'll prolly have 3-4 cubed deer to thaw out and take to a buddies to make sausage. I wont have any tags and it will be after deer season.

Now what?

Your fine. The deer is deboned, frozen and at your house which is final destination. No tag needed after that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
        I shoot a deer at lease, debone it and take it to processor to make burgers out of. I debone to save money. This is illegal?

Yes. You would have to take home first then debone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have studied this stuff extensively and have a decent grasp of it, but gotta say I never envisioned needing a WRD for my own antlers if I gave the meat thus the tag away.

As others have stated- TAG stays with the meat. If giving the meat away, the TAG and a WRD must accompany the meat.
          The Taxi only needs a WRD, no tag. A taxi can give a Taxidermy Receipt with Proof of Sex if dropped off before the meat is to its final destination.
          Processor must have a tag and most would require a WRD if the tag wasn't of the person dropping off the meat.
          You CAN NOT debone the meat before final destination under any circumstances as stated by others.

Now this is where I have always been perplexed and maybe the GW in the original OP's post explained: I give away most of the meat to a friend so they take the tag and a WRD, but I keep the backstraps. Since tag goes with the majority of the meat, I guess I now write myself a WRD to keep the head and backstraps

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            What is a possum policeman? Curious minds want to know.

Game Warden

I would never call them that, but that's what the phrase references. Pretty sure you already knew that though

Comment

Well, since the kill log is already being filled out on the back of the license, seems to me an easy fix is to have a simple notation on the kill log as to which tag goes with each documented kill listed on the log. Boom. Problem solved. Still documented on your license and no need for another piece of paper.

Comment

We should do like Nebraska and have no tags. You have I think 24hours to call in your kill or register it online. There have been a lot of dumb tickets written over tag technicalities.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I keep a folder of the WRD's in our deer cooler. I often do the Euro's on guests deer, so have them fill out this form before they leave w/ the meat.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    Game Warden

I would never call them that, but that's what the phrase references. Pretty sure you already knew that though
                    hHonestly, I didn’t.

Comment

deer tag

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
                      We should do like Nebraska and have no tags. You have I think 24hours to call in your kill or register it online. There have been a lot of dumb tickets written over tag technicalities.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                      The way it looks, it will be that way soon.

Comment

At what point do you not need a WRD to be with the antlers ? I believe this particular GW is just being a butt. By his explanation, you would need a WRD if you ever take your mount anywhere other than your home. SMDH

Comment

I dropped my buck off with a taxi yesterday and he said keep the tag with the meat, that he did not need it.

Comment

The GW told me the the WRD is the receipt that the processor gives you. It has all your information on there along with your tag number. Nothing further needed to take to taxi. I have never carried more than this. Sounds to me like the OP's GW was trying to throw knowledge around. Is he a new warden?

Comment

As I suspected, he was just being a butt.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                                The processor I go to requires a tag no matter what.
                                Same. I process my own at home but sometimes I've taken packaged meat to the processor months later to have turned into buck sticks or jerky and they always want a tag. All my tags get stuck to the freezer door until all of that meat is gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X