Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read the Indigo was also removed?

Comment

They are still a state threatened species. And you still can’t kill them.

Comment

They are thick at my house, southern Madison county, already come across two this year, one in my pool.

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
          You must of saw the same post I saw on FB lol.
          Maybe their status was changed from endangered to threatened?? I still don't think legal to kill. I have not seen otherwise.
          I don’t think they were either, I think they were the lowest ranking which is Least Concern.

Comment

If they come in my yard they better have the Game Warden with them.

Comment

I guess they are just more common in some areas than others. Ive seen a few and they have been very docile. I leave em alone. Im a "dont start none, wont be none" kinda guy. Except chicken snakes. They are on my .... list as a species and I will hunt them down and kill them till im am physically unable.

Comment

Love them velvet tails.
                Probably only seen half a dozen or so in my life.
                Beautiful snakes.

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
                  They are thick at my house, southern Madison county, already come across two this year, one in my pool.
                  No doubt. Thick along the trinity river on both sides

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar_HOYT View Post

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      I know they are common and there’s no telling how many I have passed by but in my 60+ years of being in the east Texas woods, I’ve never seen one.
                      There’s a reason for that. They are really placid, calm snakes. I don’t see many either and I look for them. You have to really harass them to get a response.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar_HOYT View Post
                        You and me, both!

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
                          You must of saw the same post I saw on FB lol.
                          Maybe their status was changed from endangered to threatened?? I still don't think legal to kill. I have not seen otherwise.

I saw the fb post lol I agree with you I believe they are still illegal to kill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Timber rattlers are distinguishable from Diamondback rattlers not so much by their markings but by the color of their markings. They are a beautiful mosaic of rich browns, umbers, and tans. They are designed to camouflage themselves among dead leaves which is why they are frequently found around the base of tree trunks.

Comment

They are by far the most docile snake I have ever encountered, and I have seen a many of them. They are really pretty snakes and always get a pass from me. i actually like them.

Last edited by Greenheadless; 04-26-2020, 05:27 PM.

Comment

We’ve seen 2 in the last 3 years at our Wise county farm. Have seen 5 diamond backs in the last 5. Had no idea there were timber rattlers that far west until we saw the first one.

Comment

Working...
                                X