Arrowhead ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocky View Post
    Just curious as I don’t know the first thing about artifacts. Why would someone buy a reproduction and then throw it on the ground? I’ve seen where someone would find an arrowhead in a creek, and guys would claim it was a reproduction. How can y’all tell?
    A friend of mine scattered fake arrow heads on an island near one of their friend's bay house as a prank. He showed them one he "found" then they all went to the island. They were all so excited with their finds that my friend chickened out and never told them the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
      Just curious as I don’t know the first thing about artifacts. Why would someone buy a reproduction and then throw it on the ground? I’ve seen where someone would find an arrowhead in a creek, and guys would claim it was a reproduction. How can y’all tell?
      I can give you one reason.

Say you were on a hunting trip with a group and two of them were practical jokers. About the time you’re loading up to leave for home, someone finds a couple points just outside the camphouse door. The rest of the idiots begin searching for more points and they find one or two. After the trip is over you all get together for lunch and the two jokers present each idiot with their very own bag of points. Laughs all around (almost)

I ain’t saying which group I was in.........

Comment

Broke necklace arrow head...............

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
          Broke necklace arrow head...............
          Maybe Kendra Scott's new line? Moving away from the carnival look to a more native look.

Comment

Hey roaddawg, this is a good news/bad news thing. Bad news is yeah, it is fake. Good news is, you found it! Lots of guys walk over, by, even step on and never notice, but you spotted and picked up a (fake, so what) arrowhead. Just keep looking for the real thing, and you will find them. Keep the fake if it is your first “find” just for the “found it laying on the beach” story. Good luck with your hunt for the cool, real points, you will find them.

Comment

I guess I just don’t understand how so many artifacts that are fake get scattered around the countryside.

Comment

Perhaps purchased at Kline's Korner, NM...
                Adios,
                gary

Comment

Working...
                X