Kansas was Good to us again in 2014!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas was Good to us again in 2014!

My buddy Ron (RGII) and I had another good season in Kansas. We both killed nice deer within the first week we were there and the Rut was full swing. Story to follow..... I'll let him tell his story.
    Ron shot a TOAD 167 inch 8 point that we had been hunting for the last 3-4 years. And I was fortunate enough to repeat out of the same stand I killed my buck in 2013. He was a main frame 10 with junk all over his bases and some busted tines and grossed 150 with all his junk.... All on video!

awesome buck

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Beasts!

Comment

Awesome job

Comment

Another view of some of the junk

Comment

Good work fellas!

Comment

Couple extra of The big 8

Comment

Way to go guys!!!

Comment

Nice job!!!

Congrats to y'all.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

David was right, Kansas was good to us once again. I hit my deer in the liver, thought he ran off, got down to get my arrow & he was bedded closer than I thought. He jumped & bolted, then the sick feeling began. Nuttn worse than watching your biggest deer run off. Found him later that day, still alive. We backed out & found him the next day about 150 yds from last sighting. Coyotes had found him 1st. They left me enough hide for a shoulder mount, luckily. If you hit liver, 4-6 hrs minimum wait time. Lost the meat, but learned a lesson. Was lucky to recover him, but my best deer ever. Kansas was good to us again.

Comment

Over the first 5 days we were in Kansas 9 bucks over 150 were killed by friends and other hunters in the area... A couple of those were over 160! The bucks were cruising hard and it was starting to get hot. We had decided we were gonna try and hold out for a 150 plus this year even if it meant TAG SOUP.... Easier said than done I know. But we both held to our word passing up a few nice 140 plus 3 1/2 year old deer. We knew it would a matter of time before the does heated up and drug a bruiser by us. Ron was lucky enough to catch his buck cruising his normal stomping ground and made it happen even with the unfortunate circumstances... After Ron shot his deer, I made the decision to go back to our faithful " Killing Tree" as we like to call it.... It has been very productive over the last several years... I killed a 163 ten put of it last year and this would be my first time to set in it since Nov 18 of 2013... As always there was no shortage of doe in the area, most of them still had their fawns and didn't seem to be in estrus just yet... But around 4:30pm I started hearing a lot of movement down the ridge from the stand and heard the occasional grunt. That's an awesome feeling to know that I was probably going to at the least see some good chasing activity and maybe get a shot at something! I was getting pretty anxious around 4:50 when then crunching leaves gave way to several does and fawns coming up into the pasture... I had jus turned my video camera on to get some footage of the doe and my buck came running up the ridge and under my stand.... I had just enough time to hit record and get drawn back and put one in the wheel house! He ran about 60 yards and piled up..! I was pumped

Comment

Congrats! Nice bucks!

Comment

Appreciate it

Comment

Working...
                              X