• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, you can.

Comment

outstanding... freezers lookin kinda lean

Comment

headin up next week..

Anyone hunted the slough this season? Havent been since last October, but ended up with a doe and a nice 9 pointer. We're hoping to catch the weather right this year and see a few chasin them girls around. Will post a report after our hunt, but just curious whats been goin on up there this year??

Comment

Lots of water in there this year. How about a pic of that arrowhead?

Comment

Haha sure, thats a Darl Blade from the lake...
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Love me some Big Slough.

Biggest buck I've ever seen on public land in Texas was there about '94 or '95. I was within a second of pulling the trigger on him when a doe ahead of him saw me move and blew, taking him with her. He was an absolute swamp donkey with a rocking chair for antlers. I remember it like it was yesterday. It was one of the coldest mornings I've ever hunted in Texas.

Comment

Yessir there are some absolute warhorses cruisin that Neches bottom... And those polaroids at the store in Ratcliff sure do get the blood boilin!!
                  Last edited by ..Ambush..; 10-14-2014, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Yup, some great genes and places to hide in there for a buck to get old and wise.

Comment

That's a beautiful blade!

Comment

Thank you much... all four inches of it are flawless, best piece ive ever picked up! Just layin there in the sand...

Comment

Anybody know a good camp close to 517?... supposedly theres some walnut creek camp but we never saw a glint of it

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
                            Thank you much... all four inches of it are flawless, best piece ive ever picked up! Just layin there in the sand...
                            Are you sure its darl? The basal edges look really straight like they are slightly ground and the flaking looks collateral mid way to the tip. Both are uncharacteristic for darl but I really cant see it well enough in thoses pics. Awesome.

Comment

I've had two different guys look at it they both say Darl, but I don't know... I've never been good at classifying points.

Heres the recovery video

Watch "Killer Lake Find!! Artifact Hunt 9-21-13" on YouTube
                              Killer Lake Find!! Artifact Hunt 9-21-13: http://youtu.be/ta19toEzAFk

Comment

I was just looking at a map of the DCNF and the Big Slough Wilderness caught my eye. I was thinking about slippin in there one morning if it will ever cool off. As it is, id be trippin with sweat before i found a good tree to climb.

Comment

Working...
                                X