Dish or Directv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dish or Directv?

High cable cost are getting old, thinking about giving satellite a try. Is one better than the other?

I just went back to Direct TV last week, and man, I missed it.

Comment

I don't think there is that much difference.

Both companies can suk equally when put to the task!

Comment

Uverse

Comment

Uverse if you can get it is better than Dish or Direct. If not there's not a dimes worth of difference between the other two

I would go with direct tv. AT&T has bought out Direct. They are going to change Uverse and call it AT&T Direct. This will be coming soon.

Comment

I have direct and wish I would have stayed with Direct. You cant limit the channels that is on your guide. You cant set up your unlimited favorites menu, direct limits you to 9. I have 3 little kids and after 8 or 9 there are menu items on WOW and another one that says, Sex Toys, and other uncalled for menu listings. JMO

Comment

I had Directv and switched to Uverse. Bundling internet, Uverse had a better deal. It was kinda funny seeing how much Directv was willing to come down on price when I called to cancel. Makes you realize the profit margins those premium channels generate.

Comment

I currently have U-Verse but it keeps going up which they all will but $39.99 a month for a year would be a nice change if it is worth it.

Comment

Neither is going to be much cheaper but I've had the opportunity to use both and I MUCH prefer the DISH DVR over Direct or especially UVerse.

Comment

We've had both and prefer Direct over Dish but when it comes down to it, it's really a toss up.

Comment

Switched from Suddenlink cable to Direct because of constant price increases. Well the price for Direct isn't any cheaper and they too are fond of the price increase. I have heard good things about AT&T's Uverse service but it isn't available everywhere.

Comment

The true answer is that you should rotate between all 2-3 every year to two years. The good deals end after 12 months and then you're stuck paying higher rates unless you renegotiate. We switched to UVERSE 2 years ago, and they had a good plan, then renegotiated a year ago for about the same rate, then this year they offered terrible deals, and we switched for 12 months.

MIL did the same thing with her cable company, and now she's with the uverse for the next 12 months.

Unfortunately, you have to be an active shopper to get decent deals nowadays, and a company would rather let you go as opposed to try to retain you.

Comment

Had dish for 2 years and then went back to direct. I like direct a lot more. We have the newest system and love it. I'm not under contract and when they start getting out of hand with price I call and tell them I want to cancel because of it. I remind them that I haven't been under contract for over 2 years now and they really work to keep my business.

Comment

Getting tired of all of them!

Comment

Love dish. I like getting information on the show that I am watching to see if I want to continue without having to just watch the show. I have cut hbo and plan to sign up when it comes to apple tv. I have been cutting back on dish mostly because I am tired of the bundling stuff. I don't like msnbc and don't feel I should pay them a dime. Would like to not have them as a selection.

Comment

Working...
                              X