Questions for those that fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fish year round.
    I start my wahoo fishing in January and will also start my big trout fishing now.

Comment

We have 3 large tanks on the property. 1 catfish only, 1 mix of 5-6 different bass and 1 with everything. The crappie are getting restless now and bass and catfish will hold off untill April or May. Fishing is my get away!!! If its 5 casts to check the health or an all night catfish for the older big boys, it doesnt matter. Its natures stress reliever.

I love to hunt but fishing is more enjoyable to me. Only been offshore once and was not pleased. Went to NC and fished for Jacks and Kings, chummed the whole 24 hr trip!!!!!

Comment

I personally could care less if I ever fish again..... Just does NADA for me. I don't even own a fishing rod

Now bow fishing..... That's a whole other ball game

Comment

I hope I never have to choose . I fish till September 1st then I park the boat till Hunting ends . I start wanting to fish sitting in the Duck blind watching the Reds tailing .

Comment

In March I gear up to fish the black drum run at the coast. My custom Fenwick's (10' and 12') need love!

From there, I fish the largemouth bass spawn from the banks, the Spanish Mackerel back at the coast once April/May come around, and then it's summertime which means camping trips to PINS for sharks, reds, trout and everything in between.

I never really stop hunting, since I've got hogs and varmints I can hunt year round, but if I absolutely had to choose, it would depend on where I was living. If I was near the coast, I would choose fishing in a split second and never look back. If I was in the hill country like I am now, it would be the opposite.

Thank goodness I don't have to choose!!

Comment

I love to hunt. But I fish like I hunt, stalking fish in the shallows. I will start fishing this month. Wading the mud flats for some giant specks.

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
                I fish year round.
                I start my wahoo fishing in January and will also start my big trout fishing now.
                Did someone say Wahoo?
                Attached Files

Comment

I hunt from October to December. Then I get the boat ready for some drag pullin redfish. I'm a better fisherman than bowhunter, for sure.

Comment

I fish year round. I just target different species. December and January or my slowest months. Dec has the holidays and January fickle weather. I still hit up the POC jetties for some sheephead. Starting end of January the white bass run is usually on at the Sabine. I've usually had my fill of sandies by the time it gets crowded. I will brave the cold to be the the only boat at the ramp. I usually hit the coast again a few times in Feb. Once the largemouth prespawn starts I'm usually bass fishing then its a combo of bass, POC backlakes and POC jetties untill the bass spawn is over. Once summer is here I'm lock on the coast and mainly fish nearshore for kings, snapper, ling, etc.

Not much of a decision to make for me. Target panic pretty much removed bowhunting from the equation.

Comment

I fish from the closing of duck season until the start of teal season. Once or twice a week, wading for trout and a healthy mix of offshore thrown in. Duck hunting trumps everything for me though. I usually shut down my whitetail hunting around Thanksgiving. That's why I love bow season, there's nothing else to chase besides deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
                        I personally could care less if I ever fish again..... Just does NADA for me. I don't even own a fishing rod

Now bow fishing..... That's a whole other ball game
                        Man, you gotta be doing the wrong kind of fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                          This. I primarily only fish right now. Hunting bug is coming back though. I like the water, more constant action, and no seasons. If push came to shove fishing would be the quick choice for me.

Comment

Fishing without a doubt,was my passion from the time I was 8 yrs old til I was 32..Bass tournaments ruined me..Got to where if it wasn't a tournament,it wasn't fun…I wish I would have never entered the first one…I would definitely say hunting now…Shotgun,rifle,bow.In that order.

Comment

Ive had drum tailing in my decoys this year. I was sitting with my kids wishing I had a rod. I would choose fishing if I ever had to make a choice. Fish year around and some of my best fishing is October November and Jan Feb.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                                Nah...... Just burnt out. I grew up living right on trinity bay. Could wade and sight cast for reds and specks from my parents backyard. They had green lights hard wired into the bay to fish from their pier that ran about 140' out into the bay. I just got tired of doin it almost EVERYDAY for 20+ years and burnt out.
                                Can't do offshore, I get seasick as he**.......
                                Freshwater has never done a thing for me

Not knocking fishing, just ain't for me anymore, that's all

Comment

Working...
                                X