Pre emergent time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre emergent time?

I live up by ft worth and am starting to notice a little bit of green popping up. Is now a good time for a pre emergent? Any good recommendations?

there was a screenshot or something i seen on here about 2 months ago and i cant seem to find it. it has the dates of when things need to be done to make a yard nice

Comment

Those are cool weather weeds but for crabgrass, grassburrs and such about the first to second week of March. From Neil Sperry......

Remember that your goal is always to apply the pre-emergent BEFORE you can see the weeds — before their seeds sprout. If you can see the weeds growing, you’ve blown it.

Spring application (primarily for crabgrass and grassburs): March 5 — 15. Halts or Dimension.

Second spring application (due to long growing season and possibility that crabgrass and grassburs could still germinate): June 5 — 15. There is no point in making this application if you did not make the first one. Halts or Dimension.

Fall application (primarily for cool-season grassy weeds such as annual bluegrass, rescuegrass and rye): September 1 — 10. Halts or Dimension.

Fall application (primarily for broadleafed weeds such as henbit, dandelions, clover and chickweed): September 1 — 10. Gallery. This treatment can be made the same day as the application for grassy weed prevention, but do them sequentially. Do not try to mix granules in your spreader.

Any time you intend to apply pre-emergent weedkillers and fertilizers at roughly the same time, apply the fertilizer first. Water it into the soil deeply. Wait a couple of days, then apply the pre-emergent granules and water lightly.

Posted by Neil Sperry

Comment

I'm putting some out tomorrow if it's not raining.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          I'm putting some out tomorrow if it's not raining.
          Are you way south of I-20? Move the spring dates one week earlier for each 100 miles you are south of I-20. Move the fall dates later for each 100 miles you are south of I-20.

Comment

Here is a link from an earlier thread.

sorry I can't get it to work

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
              Are you way south of I-20? Move the spring dates one week earlier for each 100 miles you are south of I-20. Move the fall dates later for each 100 miles you are south of I-20.

Near Houston

Comment

I’m in Houston and I put mine out last weekend

Comment

What are y'all using....Specifically for stickers..

Comment

Any good recommendations on a good pre emergent? My yard is St. Augustein if that matters at all.

Comment

The only one I found that was cheap enough for me was:

Bonide crabgrass and weed

Found on Amazon. Nobody local (big box) seemed to have a preemergent that didn't have 24D. Will use it in the next 2 weeks up here in the metroplex. I already have something green coming up, looks like a clover, but not sure. I have St. Augustine.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’m in Houston and following Randy Lemmon. Put barricade down a couple weeks back (bit earlier than his schedule) and 15-5-10 with weed kill today. Also found out my inlet quarter turn valve below my sprinkler system PvB busted in one of the freezes even though I shut the valves, drained and insulated everything. [emoji849]. That’s gonna be a fun repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok, guess I'll be running by home depot today so I can get some out. Might be a little late, but it should still help.

Comment

Working...
                            X