Winter gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter gloves

Need some winter gloves for this archery season while I'm sitting in the tree stand. Any suggestions? Do you wear yours with the tab/ glove on or take it off? Thanks

I strap on a hand warmer and put my hands in it while waiting for activity...

Comment

Winter gloves

I also use a hand warmer. It is made by Hunter Safety System and has pockets so you can keep things like rangefinder, flashlight, wind indicator powder, etc. I put everything I need in it, and don’t carry a backpack anymore!

I also use lightweight fleece gloves that I get from WM real cheap. I shoot with a tab and cut the first 3 fingers off the string hand glove. I take the bow hand glove off if I think I might get a shot at a critter. I just don’t like the feel of the bow with a glove on my bow hand.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Bisch; 08-04-2019, 09:44 PM.

Comment

thin gloves with a hand muff,,, nothing beats it especially gloves only

Comment

I have a hand warmer(muff?). That said I have a thin leather golf glove on my bow hand warm or cold weather. I shoot a glove but I tried the kind of glove/MIT that folds the mitten portion back and I didn't do as well shooting so a hand warmer in the warm hand tube thing or just the pockets.
          My toes on the other hand freeze.

Gary

Comment

thermacell...minus the bug pad

Comment

Originally posted by 4dog View Post
              thermacell...minus the bug pad
              I like this idea!

Gary

Comment

Ive found that gloves of any and all kinds only serve to make my hands colder. Unless Im working in the cold and handling cold materials like steel or water troughs, etc Ive never had any success wearing gloves to keep my hands warm. ALways perferred the QB stle hand warmer pouch or the old faithful hands in my pockets with a hand warmer in each one.

Comment

I use a mechanics glove with a tab year round. When I get cold, hands go in my pockets. Really cold I put cheap handwarmers in each pocket.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

BeardedAg08, this is not a glove you would really bowhunt with but I have had cold hands for years and years. First Lite has a Grizzly Glove that will keep your hands warm. You could probably use them if you are up in a stand. They have a shearling wool liner and they will keep your hands warm. You could wear a tab inside the glove and slip it off quietly when the shot presents itself. It is a big glove and it is billed as being able to shoot a gun with but I would have to take mine off to get the trigger finger into the trigger guard. You could probably make it work for bowhunting but would have to take it off. Slides off easily. It is pricy but what isn't these days.

Comment

Working...
                    X