New Moultrie Cell Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Moultrie Cell Camera

anyone have any reviews yet? I am looking at getting one, they are running a 50 dollar rebate on them. seems like a really cheap option
    would each camera have to have its own cell plan?

The one I got didn’t work. I returned it.

Comment

I got one the other day, set it up and took good pics at the house. From what I can tell, u can add multiple cans to the same plan. I got 4g 3,000 pics for 20 bucks a month

Comment

I’m for more reviews. I’m torn between this and the SpyPoint Micro.

Both can be had for about $100 at academy right now if you consider Moultries rebate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was going to buy a couple Verizon models until a few members all returned the AT&T models. They wouldn’t connect to service and send pics. Once problem is fixed I will buy a couple.

Comment

I had the problem with it not sending pics at first also. Mine is the att model too. I had to buy the right sd card for it. U cant just put any type of card in it. It has to be a certain kind. I put a moultrie 4 gig in it and it works perfect now. U can control all the settings from tye moultrie mobile app, it's super easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
              I had the problem with it not sending pics at first also. Mine is the att model too. I had to buy the right sd card for it. U cant just put any type of card in it. It has to be a certain kind. I put a moultrie 4 gig in it and it works perfect now. U can control all the settings from tye moultrie mobile app, it's super easy.
              Great info. I have 2 Modems and use the app. Camera is clearer than my Coverts but plan is more expensive. Allowing to put multiple cams on their plan is an advantage. Will be picking up a couple Verizon models. Thanks for the heads up on SD Card info.

Comment

I actually got both the SP Micro and the Moultrie. The MAIN thing I didn't like about either is that you are FORCED to use their plans, (SP does have a free one, Moultrie does not) and you can't put them on a Verizon plan. The SP has some issues setting up and updating firmware but the camera took over 2000 pictures during the night in my front room of NOTHING. The Moultrie was easy to set up, but didn't take ANY pictures sitting right in front of me. The are both going back. I will stick with my Spartan (on Verizon and $5 month to send unlimited pictures) and my non mobile cams.

Comment

Yea, I was getting very frustrated with it. Called customer service and they walked me threw everything and then asked what kind of sd card it had. Changed it out and it started sending pics right away. I think the pics are very clear also. I will be buying a couple more.

Comment

Yea, I was getting very frustrated with it. Called customer service and they walked me threw everything and then asked what kind of sd card it had. Changed it out and it started sending pics right away. I think the pics are very clear also. I will be buying a couple more.
                    What kind of SD card are you supposed to use?

Comment

I got one the other day, set it up and took good pics at the house. From what I can tell, u can add multiple cans to the same plan. I got 4g 3,000 pics for 20 bucks a month

Cheap camera with a high monthly rate..

They all get their money someway.

Comment

I bought one a couple weeks ago. It took pics on the SD card, but it wouldn't connect to the server, even with 5 bars of cell service. I returned it and bought a Covert.

Comment

My spartan did the same thing. Any 10c card will work as long as it is formatted for that camera only. I just used one out of an old camera and got a few pics then it stopped. Switched the card and bam all good.

Originally posted by ren087 View Post
                          I actually got both the SP Micro and the Moultrie. The MAIN thing I didn't like about either is that you are FORCED to use their plans, (SP does have a free one, Moultrie does not) and you can't put them on a Verizon plan. The SP has some issues setting up and updating firmware but the camera took over 2000 pictures during the night in my front room of NOTHING. The Moultrie was easy to set up, but didn't take ANY pictures sitting right in front of me. The are both going back. I will stick with my Spartan (on Verizon and $5 month to send unlimited pictures) and my non mobile cams.

I would like to know about this $5 a month plan. My spartan is not that cheap. Mine is $35 for 3 months.

Comment

It tells u in the instructions, it's a class 10. That's why I just got the moultrie card, it's the correct one for the camera. Yalls camera is not sending the pics because I bet u have the wrong sd card. Mine was saving them to the other card but would not send them. Changed the cards out and it started sending pics right away. Why would I spend 400 on a covert when I can buy 2 of the moultrie ones and they do the same thing, and I can put multiple cams on the same plan

Comment

It tells u in the instructions, it's a class 10. That's why I just got the moultrie card, it's the correct one for the camera. Yalls camera is not sending the pics because I bet u have the wrong sd card. Mine was saving them to the other card but would not send them. Changed the cards out and it started sending pics right away. Why would I spend 400 on a covert when I can buy 2 of the moultrie ones and they do the same thing, and I can put multiple cams on the same plan

Who reads instructions? We are men. LOL...Mine were all class 10 but was not formatted to the camera.

Comment

Working...
                              X