Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who uses a remote controlled deer feeder timer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
    We have an off brand one that only gets about 30yd range. Does “The Remote” actually get anywhere near 175 yd range?

I has for me consistently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks to everyone for their advise and recommendations.

Since it is just about 100 down to the feeder, i am going to go the economical route and try the ones that luv2hunt got on ebay, or something similarly low priced.

Also, it is not going to be a hunting application so no need to spend the money or go with the "Best" since it is not way out on the lease somewhere. At that point, i would want one that would for sure work every time.

Comment

Originally posted by meshmover67 View Post
        What the advantage? Is it just the obvious, give your feeder a bump when everything on the ground is gone? I’m curious if you also corn your roads before you hunt.
        Yes. Can extend the hunt when they clean up all the corn from the normal throw.

I also corn the road at my bow blind feeder but not always. Just depends on the situation and the buck I’m after. It’s nice having that remote handy instead of having to carry in hand corn as well.

Comment

[QUOTE=DRT;14258393]
          No way I'm paying $100 for "The Remote" when the Moultrie works as well for less than a third of the price.

I agree. $100 is a little too pricy for me. If I decide to get a remote for my feeders I'll try moultrie remote first.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
            This All Season may be another option for some. Looks to be on sale as well.
            It also has light option controls for pig hunting.

Scroll down to see info.
            I installed 2 of these InHawgnitos from AS last year and they both worked great and were easy to install. Granted both my set ups were very close to the feeders...20-23 yards. And yes, LED light function is cool.

Comment

We tried a couple last year. The knuckleheads who sat at the feeders with remotes were slingin corn every five minutes. Had to fill those feeders up every week!

Comment

Might try out the Moultrie remote.

Comment

I’ve tried two different Moultrie remotes and both quit working within a very short period. Neither worked past 30 yards. Save your money and try a Remote brand. Moultrie brand is not dependable.

Comment

We bought 5 last year and all are still working well. The one I had before worked for years until the whole feeder unit got ripped out and dropped in a mud puddle.
                    Don't buy them off Amazon.

Gary

Comment

I have 3 feeders with "The Remote" on them. It's an awesome tool to have. I've brought deer back to my spot that have fed and left by setting it off again. I've seen deer in the distance, and had them change direction and come to me when I set it off. It's a great option to be able to throw more corn without getting out of your stand to set it off. I've had mine in the field for two years and they work every time

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        We bought 5 last year and all are still working well. The one I had before worked for years until the whole feeder unit got ripped out and dropped in a mud puddle.

Gary

Don't buy the Remote off Amazon? Why?

Comment

Gary
                          Why?

I have bought 7-8 off Amazon that are still going strong. The only issue I have had is that the battery in the remote dies after a couple of seasons. I just keep spare batteries in my blinds now.

If they aren't in an enclosed blind, I keep them in a little magnetic dry box that I can stick to my tripods or ladder stands.

Comment

Yes. We have Moultrie brand on all of bn our feeders. Trouble is sometimes the signal reaches several hundred yards to another feeder and sets it off as well.
                            No way I'm paying $100 for "The Remote" when the Moultrie works as well for less than a third of the price.

Gary

I agree with this. I have one on my feeder for 3 years and the only thing I have had to do to it is change out the remote battery. Runs everytime I push the button. I am about 100yds to my feeder to my rifle blind.

Comment

Who uses a remote controlled deer feeder timer.

I like the plug and play of the Remote. What do you have to do you hook up the Moultrie? Cut/splice into your wiring harness?

Moultries reviews are kinda poor. Looks like you love it or hate it.

Last edited by Smart; 07-22-2019, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                                Why?

I have bought 7-8 off Amazon that are still going strong. The only issue I have had is that the battery in the remote dies after a couple of seasons. I just keep spare batteries in my blinds now.

If they aren't in an enclosed blind, I keep them in a little magnetic dry box that I can stick to my tripods or ladder stands.
                                Most of the negative reviews seem to be folks who bought them on line. No other reason.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X