• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ON X App

School me on the On X app. Tell me what you know

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
    School me on the On X app. Tell me what you know
    Do you have it?
    If so the Best way is to just mess around with it and figure it out. Pretty simple to use. Great app.

Comment

Excellent app to have. For $23/yr, I don’t know why everybody doesn’t have it. I use it all the time just looking up plots of land and land owners, plus the hunted aspect of it on my own place.

Comment

just buy it

they offer free trial period. it turns your phone into a gps, and in offline mode works with no cell service, you can save sections of map for use in offline mode. you can transfer existing gps waypoints to and from the app in gpx and kml format. many useful layers that can be turned on and off.

Comment

How can u enter a promo code in Google play store to purchase? The Hunting Public offers a 10% discount

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Make sure you download the map you plan on using. I didn’t do that and when I went to airplane mode all I saw was a white screen.

Comment

Is OnX significantly better than the HuntStand app?

Comment

Buy back country navigator only 15 bux for pro and u can download tiles permanently free updates no yearly subscription
                We had both last time in Colorado...navigator was everyone's pick

Comment

Is the imagery up to date?

Comment

I used it for the first time this weekend spot and stalk on axis.. I was able to see where I was on the ranch I was hunting and mark my kill spot so I could get back to it.. marked and few spots I saw good deer and saved the map for next year.

Comment

It works well if you download your area maps for when you don't have coverage. I also like the property owner contact feature. I have used it for some access permission.

Comment

It is a great app to serve as a gps and know parcel boundaries. I use it mainly when western hunting. Land ownership in Leon county is not accurate, which is not On X's fault. The county records are a mess. I have researched companies that provide this data to use to eventually incorporate into my online hunting journal business- thehuntersight.com.

You can expect to get 95% to 97% of counties in the US and the information be reliable. Unfortunately my county is one of the few in the US that is jacked up, but it is better than nothing.

I would recommend OnX and I use OnX now for gps. Saving offline maps is great and I recommend doing that.

Comment

watch all the tutorials on youtube. It's time well spent! OnX is well worth the money.

Comment

Camofire.com has both the single state and entire country memberships discounted often.

Comment

Incredibly helpful and useful if you are hunting in a western state amongst property boundaries, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X