Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicknames at Work?

What's yours?
    I have 2. First one is "Birdseed" from the cartoon "Refined". You can find it on you tube. Pretty funny stuff. My guys made me a name sticker for my hard hat and name plate for my office.
    The other one is "911". This sticker is on my welding hood, being that my craft is welding. Now that I'm a supervisor, I have 3 guys on my crew that are welders. My older boilermakers/fitters sometimes gets my young welders all worked up. When they see them struggling, they always ask if they need them to call "911" (me) and get them out of a bind!!!

Been called a few different names....I am not sure any of them are green screen appropriate or were desirable!

Comment

We’ve got some pretty funny ones here. One engineer out here’s real name is Omar, well he tried to drill a hole in his desk to run a plug through. Took him 8 tries so his name is “Holmar”
      About the only thing I’ve ever been called is Mogli. It started when we went to Australia and on our free time I was in shorts with no shirt or shoes. They said I looked like the skinny kid from the jungle book.

Comment

McGyver. I will figure it out.

Comment

I have nicknames for a lot of people that works here.

1. moron
          2. idiot
          3. stupid
          4. dumb ***
          5. worthless
          6. air stealer

You get the point.

Comment

You want the ones they call me to my face or behind my back?

Comment

For a while there it was hatchet man.
              Sometimes you just got to cut the fat

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Come in Birdseed......Go ahead Mandingo !!!!!

2 week notice !!!! I will give you a 2 day notice.....like I will drag this @#$%% up TODAY !!!!

funny stuff....and that guy nailed contractor crews perfectly

Mine are Kmac or Macdaddy in my early 20s it was Jackhammer ( dont know why )

Comment

I heard one yesterday at a work over rig shop, they hired a kid that tells a lot of he- man stories. Problem is they figured out he scared of his own shadow.

They started calling him Ken- doll, all smooth between the legs no cojones

He thinks they is calling him Kendall and he is good with it

Comment

scuba steve

Cause I volunteered to un hook a guy drowned in a pool

Comment

radar for the win!!

Comment

Pops or gramps. I’m 54 and all the other Er nurses are in their mid to late twenties or just turned 30

I just tell them to keep working and paying my social security

Comment

When I was working in shipyards and onshore oil and gas construction many people had nicknames and you never knew most peoples real names. It's funny when I get together with some of my buddies from back then and we start talking about many of our old friends we can never remember folks real names.

Comment

Venado

Comment

C-dub

Comment

Working...
                              X