Anyone work at INVISTA in Orange.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone work at INVISTA in Orange.

I just got offered a job their. Wondering what’s it like there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retired from Invista in Victoria. We were DuPont until Koch bought us out. DuPont was much better to work for for sure that is all I'm going to say. What job?

Comment

Send s pm to cash cropper. I think he works out there.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
        Retired from Invista in Victoria. We were DuPont until Koch bought us out. DuPont was much better to work for for sure that is all I'm going to say. What job?
        My father in law says the same thing. He worked for Dupont in Orange and retired from Invista about 6 years ago. He does not miss it one bit!

Comment

It's what you make of it. If you have no prior experience in a refinery it would be a good place to get your feet wet. Pay and benefits are good from what I know.

Comment

Use it as a stepping stone would be my advice.

Comment

I haven’t heard a whole lot of good about them. Mostly from the older DuPont hands that I know. It depends on what your doing now. It this is your first plant job, take it, learn, and move on as needed. Like said above, a stepping stone.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post

Operator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Take it to get experience and move on if you don't like it. Operators definitely make good money. Shift work ain't for sissys and hard on family especially if your a new hire get ready to work all the holidays until you get seniority. Good luck on your decision.

Comment

Their operators are jumping ship . We have hired 4 on my unit in the last 3 months. Their team leads have a history of bullying and threatening their guys. Raises are a popularity contest. I know a guy in the r and d lab and he likes it.
                    If it's your first plant job,take it and get experience then move on.. of course this is second hand information . Maybe someone who still works there will chime in.

Comment

I work with 2 guys that left their Victoria facility, the had nothing bud bad to say about it. But if you don't already have a job, or its your first plant job, take it for the experience.

Comment

Working...
                      X