No announcement yet.

Hunting Gear Cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That turned out great and I need to do something similar for my garage. Keep an eye on that helper it looks like he wears his shoes backwards. I notice dumb stuff and I’m not sure why. Way to get him in there helping.
    Last edited by myway; 02-28-2019, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Awesome build

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
        Hell, Now I wanna know how you rehabbed the old mdf cabinet. I got one that I have to do as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the floor didn't have any support under the back, and I had well over 100lbs of ammo boxes in the bottom. So the back of the floor had sagged about 2", separating it from that central vertical support, which made all the shelves and the "roof" sag.

I layed it on its back up on the saw horses, and used a ratchet strap to pull the floor back up toward the roof until it was close to right. I cut a 1X to support the back of the floor and put a bunch of those pocket holes in it going into the ends and the floor. I cinched up one end and then worked across tightening up screw into the floor until it was right and square. Then I put another 1X all the way across halfway between the font and back, and pocket holed it into the floor.

Then I put 1X3s under the back of each shelf and pocket holed them into the ends, and center piece.

The I put the shelves back in upside down from where they were (so they're arched) and pocket holed them (they were setting on those shelf pegs) into the center divider, and end.

I shored up the connection of the center divider and floor too.

One shelf is in backward with an extra one laying on top of it, so it looks weird. Still figuring out what all is gonna end up in here.

Comment

I won't bore y'all further. Thanks for all the compliments, and for following.

Comment

Awesome work on the new build and rehab. of the old cabinet and nothing boring as to your thread or posts

thanks for sharing, I have been trying to organize a bunch of stuff in the garage... I will be finishing up some fishing rod racks that will get the rods up along the ceiling and more importantly out of way. A Moser inspired storage cabinet will follow soon after

Comment

Well done sir! Now I only need about 4 of those!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Then I put 1X3s under the back of each shelf and pocket holed them into the ends, and center piece.

It took me a solid two minutes to realize this was not a picture of a clean garage.

Comment

Hunting Gear Cabinet

Originally posted by wcg89 View Post
                  It took me a solid two minutes to realize this was not a picture of a clean garage.

I don't have any of those, but I'm workin on it![emoji16]

I just noticed the RC jeep tire, that's funny.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 03-01-2019, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wcg89 View Post
                    Me too.... I was like, "dang...that's gotta be a 1"x20" crown molding board he has there......"

Comment

Man that turned out great!

Comment

Nice job with a great design with all the pull outs!!
                        Antler pulls would be cool.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Just about have everything situated. All worked pretty good except one door has a hinge or two in a bind and doesn't want to shut flush. I'll figure something out on that.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

That is cool.
                                You put some serious thought into planning that, very functional.

Comment

Working...
                                X