Solar system advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solar system advice

Looking for info and advice from anyone that has an off grid solar system how much $ and what company you used, Long story short neighbor denied us electricity easement 2months ago to run underground line to our property and I don't want to bother anyone else and start all over to get a no , so were looking at our next option this is the 21st century so anything is possible !!! So anyone out their that has some good advice and information I would appreciate it.

very loud generator placed on the property line near the neighbor

Comment

That's what powers our cabin now for plug in lights!!

Comment

I thought you wanted to know about Saturn or Uranus. ��

Comment

We just need a system big enough to power the whole cabin with appliances and amenities , and water well /pump when we get that done!! Our Jnj ranch will just be a place to get away and hangout we were suppose to build our home out their but $$$$$$ to solar that!!

Comment

lol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack0311 View Post
              We just need a system big enough to power the whole cabin with appliances and amenities , and water well /pump when we get that done!! Our Jnj ranch will just be a place to get away and hangout we were suppose to build our home out their but $$$$$$ to solar that!!
              I can help you with the water well part of it. I have a couple solar powered well pumps for sale. I’m running one (soon to be two) myself. I have one that has connections for a battery bank for 730$ and one for straight daytime pumping for 700$. Brand new, 2 year warranty and I’ll ship it to ou for free.

As far as the setup for the cabin, you need to start by calculating your daily kWh usage.... it can get very expensive quickly to be totally off grid.

Feel free to call or text me if you’re interested in one of the pumps. 325-305-6064

Comment

I already wrote down your info thanks, The daily kwh usage should be low cause we will not be out their all the time , I just want be able to go out their on the weekened turn the ac on and relax and run everything we need. Do you know any good solar companies

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack0311 View Post
                  I already wrote down your info thanks, The daily kwh usage should be low cause we will not be out their all the time , I just want be able to go out their on the weekened turn the ac on and relax and run everything we need. Do you know any good solar companies
                  I hear the sun does a pretty good job with providing solar power...

Comment

I heard that too!!

Comment

For what you want you are probably better off running a generator... Maybe look into a propane system and build your cabin as efficient as possible.... Keeping a typical hunting cabin cool in Texas summer heat will not be easy... Keep the generator far away or get a Honda investor type one and you won't hear it...

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                        For what you want you are probably better off running a generator... Maybe look into a propane system and build your cabin as efficient as possible.... Keeping a typical hunting cabin cool in Texas summer heat will not be easy... Keep the generator far away or get a Honda investor type one and you won't hear it...
                        Insulate the crap out of it--twice what you think you might need, to keep the sound of a generator out and to reduce the load on an AC unit--

Comment

Right now its a 12x32 shell one of those diersken models we want to fix it up inside and make it a stand alone off grid cabin with everything you would have at the house and completely solar we've had it for two years paid cash for it so we need to get going on it and get it powered sucks sleeping in a cold cabin!!!

Comment

and it's 20mins from the house if I get thrown in the doghouse which I want too once we get it fixed up and powered !!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                              Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                              Insulate the crap out of it--twice what you think you might need, to keep the sound of a generator out and to reduce the load on an AC unit--
                              Additionally, if at all possible build the cabin where it will be shaded in the afternoons... Over size over-hangs and a porch to shield the sun in the afternoon(west side) go a long way... Shade is way under valued in Texas...

Comment

Working...
                              X