Boar and battery both dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boar and battery both dead

Last night just before dark the loan "big" boar stepped out. I have been after this guy for two years.

I was by myself and there was now way I was getting him into the truck by myself. So I grabbed the skining tripod and brought it out to the feeder. I had to drag him about 30 yards and got set up to clean him up. Parked the truck with headlight on to see what I was doing and went on with it.

Well need less to say it was taking me a good while. Got thinking I better go start the truck up, but it was too late. So now I have a dead hog and a dead truck. I just hope that my girl can come and rescue me in her car with all this rain. What a night.

Any guess on weight?

230-260lbs

Comment

I would have her stop and buy a battery pack. Walk it back to truck. You need one anyway

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        I would have her stop and buy a battery pack. Walk it back to truck. You need one anyway
        Good call Glen. Those little packs are amazing how they jump start.
        Congrats on the hog. Keep at it.

Comment

That big nasty hog is a good one to remove from the breeding stock, I've got one I need to remove too. Congrats on the kill. I hope you got out of there!

Comment

What is your location?? A fellow TBHer might be close....

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              Ya was thinking about that. The adventure continues.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                What is your location?? A fellow TBHer might be close....
                In Peninton off Fodice rd. I may need this to get me and possibly my rescuer out. I hope it does not come to this.

Comment

Good job. At first I was thinking your feeder battery was dead !
                  Think I would have considered strapping that one and going home.
                  Nice Headlamp work well in this situation.

BP

Comment

Congrats on the hog

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                      Good job. At first I was thinking your feeder battery was dead !
                      Think I would have considered strapping that one and going home.
                      Nice Headlamp work well in this situation.

BP
                      Head lamp is how I got the job finished Took straps and 4 hams.

As far as the feeder battery goes, you can see in the pic it throw corn while I was going back for the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                        In Peninton off Fodice rd. I may need this to get me and possibly my rescuer out. I hope it does not come to this.
                        Is that Pennington by Davy Crockett NF?? If so that's 6 hours plus from me so a bit too far. Best of luck to you and congrats on the big hog...

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                          Is that Pennington by Davy Crockett NF?? If so that's 6 hours plus from me so a bit too far. Best of luck to you and congrats on the big hog...
                          Yep that's the place. But six hours not far to help a fella out...lol

Comment

She made a successful rescue. Now to ice down and age my meat.
                            Last edited by DesertDug; 09-23-2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                              She made a successful rescue. Now to ice down age my meat.
                              Glad to hear it, I was fixing to head your way

Comment

Working...
                              X