Junction Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junction Area

Just picked up a lease north of Junction. About 11 miles north, . Anybody hunt the area? Any info about when they rut in that part of the county? Any poaching you have heard of?

I hunted out that way a few years back off of Whiskey Rd. Great country and no poaching that we were aware of. We were on there for 3 years.

Comment

I hunt 20 miles south of Junction. I have not had any issues with poaching but we are a few ranches deep from any road. My experience is the rut is all over the place from year to year and between younger and older deer. I have had young bucks chasing does first weekend in November.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
        I hunted out that way a few years back off of Whiskey Rd. Great country and no poaching that we were aware of. We were on there for 3 years.

Thanks for the info. This is just south of whiskey road.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
          I hunt 20 miles south of Junction. I have not had any issues with poaching but we are a few ranches deep from any road. My experience is the rut is all over the place from year to year and between younger and older deer. I have had young bucks chasing does first weekend in November.
          Thanks for the info. Taking off week of Thanksgiving.

Comment

Cool. I think you'll really enjoy it out there.

Comment

Hunted Blanco County for 22 years, and have not had a lease since property sold 5 or 6 years ago. Looking forward to this place.

Comment

junction is a really cool place, theres a lot of deer,exotics and especially rabbits . they are pretty fun to hunt at night.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                  Cool. I think you'll really enjoy it out there.
                  Did yall see any axis?

Comment

we hunt real close to you. the rut depends on your buck to doe ratio

most areas there are very high deer density with poor buck to doe ratios unless they have been managed with a lot of does getting hunted.

our first year in 2008 we saw several small ruts and no obvious rut due to the overpopulation. today, we have a better balance of deer per acre and buck to doe ratio. our rut is pretty regularly a strong rut around the thanksgiving time frame

Comment

Originally posted by spliffnwesson View Post
                      Did yall see any axis?
                      We did not see axis at all. Had an auodad show up outtakes the blue but he was pretty elusive.

Comment

Who are you leasing from? I'm in that very same area and know a few of my ranching neighbors.

Rut is usually the week before Thanksgiving from what we have seen over the last eight seasons or so.

T

Comment

We hunted Sonny Price's High Point Ranch (10 miles N of Junction) for a few years. Loved the country, hated the drive. No pigs, lots of rattlesnakes, decent bucks, good Axis population the closer to the river you get.

Comment

Hunted one of the Pfluger ranches right near ya (HWY 83) for most of my young life. Some of the best hunting (deer/turkey) I have ever experienced. That was 15 years ago, but doubt it has changed much, if not only improved. You are one lucky guy getting a lease that area. Good luck...

Comment

I hunt probably within 10 miles of you. If I could be in the stand only one weekend this year, it would be the weekend of November 16th. Also, the second weekend in December has been sneaky good every year. Probably when we have killed our biggest deer traveling from elsewhere. I guess it’s when does are in heat who didn’t get bred a month earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X