Tx High School Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntingjunkie View Post
    Who is it? Might need to recruit him for our summer team. My son is also a sophomore and plays with a kid from Bullard in the summer who is a lefty throwing 90 who is committed to OSU. We have four of our pitchers committed to OSU (2), TCU and Houston. We can always use another power lefty. Please tell.
    His name is Logan Whitfield. I think he’s about 6-1 or 6-2 & in the 180-190 lb range. He’s played for a local select team in the Tyler Tx area for several years. Great athlete. Can fly around the bases. Clocked at 87 as a freshman last year. Head coach for WH said he’s the hardest throwing freshman he has coached including Patrick Mahomes (I’m sure that will get some are you sure remarks). Great kid too & family. Very disciplined & hard work ethic

Comment

My son is 14 and committed to The University of Fortnite.

Comment

Good luck everyone-my son is a Jr at PVAMU (Pitcher). Played Central Heights his Sr year and faced Grayson Rodriguez. Matched him till the end when an unearned run cost us the game. Rodriguez was a sophomore mid 90's at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
          My son is 14 and committed to The University of Fortnite.
          Lol. Same here

Comment

Freshman, playing JV, Cedar Ridge HS, Round Rock

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
              My Boss has a Nephew that is committed to OSU. This will be his Sr. year in Decatur.
              Tall left handed pitcher? I’ve seen him but don’t recall name. My oldest is a left handed pitcher at OSU now.

Comment

No kids in it yet but will be coaching it.

Comment

Springtown HS. We scrimmaged Paradise yesterday afternoon & he went 1-1 with a sac fly to center, walk, and bases loaded single. 3 RBI and some good stretches @ 1st base.

Comment

My youngest is a freshman at Belton. Maybe we'll see some of you central texas guys at tournaments

Comment

Have 2 playing varsity for Victoria West High School. Tough District this year with 2 teams in the top 10 pre-season rankings for 5A, and 2 others in the top 20.

Comment

Originally posted by DM3 View Post
                        Have 2 playing varsity for Victoria West High School. Tough District this year with 2 teams in the top 10 pre-season rankings for 5A, and 2 others in the top 20.
                        How did West do in the scrimmage against Navarro?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu_dude View Post
                          I will be umpiring HS Baseball this year in the San Antonio area. Not quite the same but usually when someone "talks" to me, its with a loud tone of voice lol
                          Welcome to the umpiring brotherhood!
                          Originally posted by Richard S. View Post
                          Welcome to the Brotherhood, I've been umpiring HS baseball in North Houston area for about 15 years now. Lot's of fun but can get intense at times with big rival games. Good luck with your season.

Richard S.
                          I have been umpiring HS baseball for 15 years now out of the North Texas Chapter based in Sherman. It's a blast ready to get going!

Comment

They did good still need to get the pitching rotation in place and keep working on the bats. Navarro has a young team this year but they will compete in their district.

Comment

Glen, what tournaments are yall in? My son just got cleared(elbow pains), yesterday to start working out again(hasn't thrown or hit since the summer). He's a senior at Harker Heights.

Comment

Jr. just looked.
                                Georgetown tourney
                                Brenham
                                Highland Park

Kid threw last night- did OK. Front hip was flying open and dropped his velo from last two outings. I know he didn’t like it because he has been 90-91 and last night he was 87-88. Had to pitch and deal with some adversity. He did not get flustered and stayed composed. I know he is upset but to me he showed me things last night that showed he has made some major jumps.

Comment

Working...
                                X