BowMag...Anyone use them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BowMag...Anyone use them?

I picked up a couple packs to mess around with. Thinking of using them on pigs. My arrow weighs 755 grains with a 357.

Has anyone on the GS tried them? What were the results?

Very curious myself...

Comment

I had a fellow show up at the farm with them to use during his hog hunt. I didnt see how they could work but he said they would.
      Seemed to me you would have to have some kind of support for the brass or it would just rupture in a mini explosion rather than propel the bullet.
      We kicked it around for a while and made a deal. I had a 2x6 board laying buy the fire pit. I told him if he could shoot through it, he could use them.
      He fired one off at the board, there was a big explosion and the arrow shattered with parts alomost coming back to where we stood.
      The bullet just barely stuck in the board.
      he tried 2 more times blowing the end off two more arrows but they never went over 1/2" in the board.
      They do make a big boom but not what I would pick to try to kill anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
        I had a fellow show up at the farm with them to use during his hog hunt. I didnt see how they could work but he said they would.
        Seemed to me you would have to have some kind of support for the brass or it would just rupture in a mini explosion rather than propel the bullet.
        We kicked it around for a while and made a deal. I had a 2x6 board laying buy the fire pit. I told him if he could shoot through it, he could use them.
        He fired one off at the board, there was a big explosion and the arrow shattered with parts alomost coming back to where we stood.
        The bullet just barely stuck in the board.
        he tried 2 more times blowing the end off two more arrows but they never went over 1/2" in the board.
        They do make a big boom but not what I would pick to try to kill anything.
        see that's what I was wondering. Is it the shock from the bullet? I have watched a couple videos and see pigs just drop.

Comment

Working...
        X