Remington 1100 shotgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington 1100 shotgun

I have a real nice remington 1100 12ga shotgun that was given to me. how is that as far as a turkey gun? I dont like it for Dove i prefer my Browning citori for dove. any info?

Much better dove gun than a turkey or duck gun. Will not shoot 3" shells. That being said I prefer my Citori over my 1100 for dove also. I think it is in the price of the sheels that I waste with an auto.

-crb

Comment

I find my swing is better with the shorter gun for dove. what would you reccomend for turkey?

Comment

Auto - Remington 1187 supermag in 3 1/2
        Pump - Remington 870 supermag in 3 1/2
        camoed out on either one
        It can then be used for duck hunting or turkey hunting.

-crb

Comment

I will check them out thanks for the info

Comment

I like the 1187 any specific version you might reccomend there are several one says turkey and another waterfowl, or just a standard and buy different barrels and chokes

Comment

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post
              I like the 1187 any specific version you might reccomend there are several one says turkey and another waterfowl, or just a standard and buy different barrels and chokes
              Depends on your budget. If you can afford both, by all means. I prefer one gun, open sights, and trade out chokes.

-crb

Comment

thats the best idea 2 guns right now isnt in the cards very nice looking weapons though

Comment

I love mine. Truth be told I take my 870's with me more often than the 1187's tho.

-crb

Comment

If you are confident in the gun, it will work. Find a choke and shot combination that suits the shots you are taking and practice. I shoot a tricked out Baretta 390 and use it for everything from sporting clays and 5 stand and doves, to turkeys. I have shot it for so long and put so many shells through it, I know exactly what I can do with it. The 1100 isn't a bad gun if put the time into it.

Comment

Just keep the 1100 and tweek your callin' it'll shoot 'em just as dead as those others...might just need to get that bird 10 yds closer! Or you could make me a sweet deal on it! ;-)

Comment

thats funny. i just posted a rem. 1100 for trade. shot three coke cans, one at a time at thirty yards. about nine inches apart.

Comment

Will work fine and is a far better scatter gun than the 1187. Wont shoot 3 1/2" but my GF is killing them grave yard dead at 35-40 yrds with 2 3/4" 7 1/2 shot from a 20gauge.

Comment

Aint nothing wrong the 1100 for turkey hunting, deer hunting, dove hunting, duck hunting or hog hunting! I use mine every year for turkey hunting. Hasn't failed me yet.
                            PM me if you want to sell her

Comment

Working...
                            X