Limb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limb question

I have a Hoyt Rampage xt with 50-60 pound limbs. I maxed out my bow and it pulled at 65 pounds. Is it bad for the limbs to have the draw weight set higher than the limbs are made for?

Always back it off the riser. I at least do. about 8th of an inch or so. Just dont crank it all tight on there. Thats just my 2 cents. Good luck

Comment

No, but you are not in the sweet spot, I always back off 1.5 turns. People are pulling over 100lbs on 50# limbs... your fine as far as wieght just not in the sweet spot

Comment

Most bows overpeak there said weight.

Comment

So it's not good to shoot a bow maxed out?

Comment

Following. I have mine maxed out, but I haven't measured the actual draw weight.

Comment

I've never heard of it being bad to shoot a maxed out bow. I have heard you get more energy out of a bow that is close to maxed out (58# on 60# limbs) rather than the same draw weight on a bow that isn't maxed out (58# on 65# limbs).

Comment

Originally posted by Struttin'Jake View Post
                So it's not good to shoot a bow maxed out?
                It's fine and the limbs are rated to handle way more that the weight specs of the bow. Generally speaking a bow will shoot better backed off a littlle

Comment

Working...
                X