Peep question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peep question

I ordered a new bow and it's here. My question is should I go ahead and have the peep installed now, or should I put 50-100 arrows through it first to settle the string? If it matters, the bow is a Quest Torrent, 25.5 DL, 60lb limbs set at about 52-53lbs right now. I also ordered it from Gander, due to the price, but I'm taking it to a pro shop to have the accessories put on and tuning done.

Shoot it when you pick it up at GM. Get the string settled, then you should be good to go.

Comment

I'd have it installed first. They can adjust it in a couple of minutes if needed. That's what I did but I havent had to adjust my peep either.

Comment

Personally I always put about 100-120 shots on a bare string prior to adding anything. That way I know I'm good and settled as far as string stretch goes. Then I'll add the peep, dampners etc, then tune and lastly sight in.

Comment

Originally posted by RunsWithBeer View Post
          Personally I always put about 100-120 shots on a bare string prior to adding anything. That way I know I'm good and settled as far as string stretch goes. Then I'll add the peep, dampners etc, then tune and lastly sight in.
          Thanks, this is what I was leaning towards but I wasn't sure if it was necessary.

Comment

Working...
          X