Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn’t realize there was that much money in poaching

Comment

Seems like the guy has tapped the brakes on the free books. A buddy said he messaged him about not wanting to give money to a poacher and the response was: “Look I haven't been a poacher in over twenty years now, my book is my platform to share my testimony for GOD now, my stories are only the bait to gather all the audience I can get . If you have no interest in that then I have nothing to offer you”

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
        Seems like the guy has tapped the brakes on the free books. A buddy said he messaged him about not wanting to give money to a poacher and the response was: “Look I haven't been a poacher in over twenty years now, my book is my platform to share my testimony for GOD now, my stories are only the bait to gather all the audience I can get . If you have no interest in that then I have nothing to offer you”
        So he doesn't want his book poached?

Comment

Prince of poachers.

I was not impressed, never ending bragging about killing these animals in very brutal ways. I see no remorse in the book. If I PETA type group got this in their hands it would be bad news, can’t imagine how mad this makes the ranch families he poached.

First person to pm can have my copy
          Last edited by Saltaholic; 12-09-2018, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltaholic View Post
            I was not impressed, never ending bragging about killing these animals in very brutal ways. I see no remorse in the book. If I PETA type group got this in their hands it would be bad news, can’t imagine how mad this makes the ranch families he poached.

First person to pm can have my copy
            PM sent earlier. I’m curious to read it.

Comment

I read it and it was pretty much what I expected. I dont understand why people are shocked at the behavior of him. It sounds like an addiction. A cat and mouse game. The guy was more dedicated to poaching than most hunters are to killing a deer legally.

I hope he has changed and is truly using this as a tool to reach out to people for a good cause.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ttu1997 View Post
                I worked the Kennedy ranch during the early 90's, I saw several poachers during my time there. Some came in by boat with ATV's, some simply cut locks on gates and drove in and some parked on the highway or were dropped off on the highway and walked in. When you have 400K+ acres with hundreds of gas and oil workers coming and hundred of lease hunters it is very hard to patrol or to tell who is who. I was shot at by poachers (bullet holes in side of truck and tailgate) and while in a helicopter. Depending on where Fain was at the time sometimes getting to where we were watching poachers would take him well over an hour drive.

Were you ever on a 25,000 acre plot called the Kennedy Trust donated to the Catholic Church? I was fortunate enough to hunt it a couple of years. Pretty special place! Just across the rr tracks near Sarita.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in for a read!
                  I have heard stories of the olden days when many a people would just go get them a deer from the king ranch drive stretch.

Comment

Some of the “Operation Venado Macho” was done on the Ranch I hunt on. It was a huge bust of poachers. Game wardens we in on the gig and bringing the poachers onto the ranchers. Those poachers had to pay restitution by the inch.

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAZOR View Post
                      Guys is it 3 books total?

Only one out! If you buy 3 it’s 3 copies of the same book!

Comment

Where are we at with this getting passed around? I’m not so good at being patient.

Comment

Talking to the lampasas game warden a few years ago he said the law change in 1999 made a big difference in road hunting, it really dropped off afterwards. Though he said if sure was fun catching all those poachers back in the day, it was never a dull night during deer season back then

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                            Where are we at with this getting passed around? I’m not so good at being patient.
                            Spend $15 and buy it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I just finished reading it. The stories are amazing if true. I don’t think I could walk 9 miles in at midnight and live off the land for 5-6 days. He sent my son a signed copy. I’ll buy the next two.

Comment

I asked for a free copy of the his book and was denied. I did purchase a copy of the book and it just arrived yeaterday, but I haven had a chance to start reading it yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X