Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 01-11-2018, 06:08 AM   #101
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
I like how some of yall are complaining about one guy breaking the law by driving in the left lane, then blatantly admitting you break the law to go around them or intimidate them. Thats some kind of messed up rationale!

Btw, please guys, stay out of left lane unless passing....
Probably the same guys throwing around the word hypocrite on the pot thread.
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 06:18 AM   #102
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
So I have to ask, what does a person do with all that extra time they create for themselves by endangering everyone else traveling at the posted speeds?

Leave 10 minutes earlier and you wouldn't have to drive so fast all the time.

Bucha **** women...
No one is saving a full ten minutes by speeding. Not unless they are traveling more than 30+ miles And even then it most likely doesn't save that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
What donít you understand? If the speed limit is say 75mph that is the MAXIMUM speed you may drive and be within the law. So if the right lane is for vehicles travling slow that would mean vehicles traveling slower than posted speed limit that could be 70,65 or even 72 mph.

The left lane is for passing only so if Iím driving 75mph I will be driving the maximum speed that the law says I can drive. Being in the passing lane I would be passing all vehicles in the right lane traveling at a lesser pace. Why is this concept so hard to understand for people?

Do stop signs mean stop or do what ever you want as you approach an intersection?
A stop sign obviously means that people who choose to waste time and come to a complete stop must do so in the right lane. This allows rolling stoppers to keep moving in the left lane.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:22 AM   #103
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Passed 5 lefty cruisers this am heading to work. Luckily at 545 not many are on the road and they were easy passes in the right lane but reguardless I passed 5 idiots heading to work today
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 06:25 AM   #104
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboswell View Post
And refuse to use the shoulder, they would rather endanger everyone by making you pass in the oncoming lane....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboswell View Post
1st I never suggested doing it when dangerous. 2nd I challenge your view of legality. 3rd your debris idea is complete BS

I was taught to be courteous and move over and let others pass, this is much safer than going 10mph under the posted speed enraging people till they make questionable passing decisions.

And yes I follow this, when Iím empty and running I expect people to let me around and when Iím loaded I donít hesitate to move over and let people around, itís simple common courtesy
Wow... Can't believe liberalism has crept in this deep. So now the person driving safe and slow is to blame for the lack of patience by the speeder.

Yep, this thread is about as bad as the pot thread. Speeders are safe. It's the slow drivers causing the wrecks...geez
Old 01-11-2018, 06:47 AM   #105
FVR JR
Four Point

Hunt In: San Saba County, Colorado County

It's one thing to hang out in the left lane so people can't pass the slowpoke in the right. I don't know why people are so scared to pass 18 wheelers for some reason. What irks me though is the ones that try to push while I'm passing, usually speeding myself. I'll get out of your way once I'm past. In the meantime, get off my bumper, you ain't that important.
FVR JR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 06:51 AM   #106
BowPro73
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdeer View Post
Wait a minute, you got one part wrong, (Several minutes) more like 5 to 8 minutes. I hate this the most as well.
Measured in "miles" rather than "minutes."

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
BowPro73 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 06:54 AM   #107
scott.str
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stephens county

I'm a if I'm going 70 in a 65 I'm not moving over guy. No reason you should be going faster. Unless I see like hazards or something I'll move. But getting up on my bumper I actually slow down and match my speed to the car next to me to really annoy them. Driving daily for work I've noticed you don't get to your destination really that much faster and sometimes I beat them there just cruising.
scott.str is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 06:56 AM   #108
bwssr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Madison county

Make folks follow the law, so you few can break it
bwssr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 07:13 AM   #109
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
What donít you understand? If the speed limit is say 75mph that is the MAXIMUM speed you may drive and be within the law. So if the right lane is for vehicles travling slow that would mean vehicles traveling slower than posted speed limit that could be 70,65 or even 72 mph.

The left lane is for passing only so if Iím driving 75mph I will be driving the maximum speed that the law says I can drive. Being in the passing lane I would be passing all vehicles in the right lane traveling at a lesser pace. Why is this concept so hard to understand for people?

Do stop signs mean stop or do what ever you want as you approach an intersection?
Nobody cares about you going 75 past the only car in the right going 70 on a lonely highway.

The only complaint is you going 75 & the right laners are going 74.5...you have a clean spot on the right let's say a couple-three hundred yards up. How difficult is it to speed up a little & help impeding traffic get through vs taking 10-15 minutes to do the same holding 75 & traffic is piling up behind you in the left?? It's safer for everyone if you actually help clear the bottle neck.

I drive about 400 miles a day & go 5 over the limit everywhere I go...there are more LE in my area than anywhere in TX right now. I just wave & keep going. You are not going to get a citation for simply picking it up to 80, moving right & then the others start passing you. Don't get so jacked up on this 75 so called LIMIT you are entitled to hold or afraid to surpass is all we are asking. This particular concept should not be very difficult to grasp.

Out...gotta hit the road.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 07:20 AM   #110
150class
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Nobody cares about you going 75 past the only car in the right going 70 on a lonely highway.

The only complaint is you going 75 & the right laners are going 74.5...you have a clean spot on the right let's say a couple-three hundred yards up. How difficult is it to speed up a little & help impeding traffic get through vs taking 10-15 minutes to do the same holding 75 & traffic is piling up behind you in the left?? It's safer for everyone if you actually help clear the bottle neck.

I drive about 400 miles a day & go 5 over the limit everywhere I go...there are more LE in my area than anywhere in TX right now. I just wave & keep going. You are not going to get a citation for simply picking it up to 80, moving right & then the others start passing you. Don't get so jacked up on this 75 so called LIMIT you are entitled to hold or afraid to surpass is all we are asking. This particular concept should not be very difficult to grasp.

Out...gotta hit the road.
Had to do that this morning.
Was in the left lane doing 72 in a 65. About to pass a 18 wheeler after I passed a black dodge 1500.

Noticed a car behind me was closing the distance so I increase my speed a few mphís to be in front of the 18 wheeler by the time the car would be riding my bumper.
Was back in the middle lane and back to my normal cruising speed just as the car caught up and passed me.

Driving isnít to hard
Old 01-11-2018, 07:21 AM   #111
MySRT8U
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Boerne and anywhere else I can find

These threads always show who the *******s are lol. If you are in the left lane and someone is coming up behind you going faster, it is the law to move over. It doesn't matter is they are going 30 mph or 130 mph. It's not your job to regulate their speed. Also, if you have to pass someone on the right for not moving over, there is absolutely no reason to cut them off so hard they have to slam their brakes. It seems like people on both sides of this argument just want to be dicks for no reason.
MySRT8U is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 07:27 AM   #112
Radar
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wilson County

These threads always start a lot of hating on here. Ain't nothing gonna change everybody will retain their same driving habits, that's just the way it is. Driving like a fool and killing yourself is one thing, driving like a fool and kill other people is murder. Remember the church bus accident by Garner State Park?

I will say this though, I would like to put y'all in a big truck for a month. Drive 500 miles a week in it and then come back on this thread and preach about drivers.

I wish we could post about good stuff on here without drama and hating. I hear that chit all day long, I would rather come on here and laugh or talk about hunting or fishing or drinking anything but this stuff.

And yes, I normally shy away from these threads but lately they too many of them on here. Heck I might as well go over to THF and read.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 07:28 AM   #113
glen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: anywhere

Boswell. It is illegal to drive on an improved shoulder. You can do so under very few circumstances and allowing another to pass is not one of them. I do it to let people pass- It is illegal
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 07:30 AM   #114
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
What don’t you understand? If the speed limit is say 75mph that is the MAXIMUM speed you may drive and be within the law. So if the right lane is for vehicles travling slow that would mean vehicles traveling slower than posted speed limit that could be 70,65 or even 72 mph.

The left lane is for passing only so if I’m driving 75mph I will be driving the maximum speed that the law says I can drive. Being in the passing lane I would be passing all vehicles in the right lane traveling at a lesser pace. Why is this concept so hard to understand for people?

It's cute when someone is so ****in wrong but thinks theyre so right..and then claims others dont understand....

Read the whole ****in sign.
Here's your sign.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 07:32 AM   #115
manwitaplan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronB View Post
Ya, unfortunately a thread like this just brings up bad feelings. Either people are mad because they want to be a "speeder".....illegal.....and are trying to run up peoples rearends and then you have the person driving slow in the left lane.......illegal......slowing down the traffic and getting mad at the speeder. Idiot speeders and idiot slow drivers....Wish we could all get along. LOL
I'm not sure "idiot speeder" is the correct term. Idiot slow driver and idiot blocking left lane is correct. If no one is in the left lane and I am speeding then I do not bother anyone.
manwitaplan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 07:33 AM   #116
manwitaplan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
It's cute when someone is so ****in wrong but thinks theyre so right..and then claims others dont understand....

Read the whole ****in sign.
Here's your sign.
Boom goes the Dynamite!
manwitaplan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 07:37 AM   #117
glen
Pope & Young

If a person is traveling at the posted speed limit it is not against the law to drive in whatever lane they want to. It is a courtesy to move to the right lane to allow another to pass but the legal violation would be impeding traffic and a person would have to go below the maximum speed limit to impede traffic. I checked with our prosecutors and they said there is no valid law "right lane for passing only". Said there is no set distance or time set for overtaking another vehicle therefore every vehicle could possibly be overtaking another vehicle.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:41 AM   #118
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fort Bend, Gillespie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post
Passed 5 lefty cruisers this am heading to work. Luckily at 545 not many are on the road and they were easy passes in the right lane but reguardless I passed 5 idiots heading to work today
I see what you did there and I approve this message
Backwoods101 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 07:42 AM   #119
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
If a person is traveling at the posted speed limit it is not against the law to drive in whatever lane they want to. It is a courtesy to move to the right lane to allow another to pass but the legal violation would be impeding traffic and a person would have to go below the maximum speed limit to impede traffic. I checked with our prosecutors and they said there is no valid law "right lane for passing only". Said there is no set distance or time set for overtaking another vehicle therefore every vehicle could possibly be overtaking another vehicle.
uh..
the post a couple above yours should clear up anything for you regarding the left lane, its use, and the law. look for the ones with the pictures.

but i agree with whatever shyster you asked.. " there is no valid law "right lane for passing only". "

Last edited by systemnt; 01-11-2018 at 07:44 AM.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:42 AM   #120
M16
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, McCulloch,Menard Counties

Funny how attitudes change as you age. I'm more than happy to move over and let you by even if I'm driving the posted speed limit. Like my dad used to say. "I'd rather have that fool in front of me instead of behind me."
M16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 07:44 AM   #121
glen
Pope & Young

Houston area tried to enforce by issuing "Disreguard Posted Sign" but from my understanding all courts have thrown them out. Courts have stated impeding traffic will be taken but it is not possible to impede traffic traveling to maximum posted speed limit
Old 01-11-2018, 07:48 AM   #122
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
Houston area tried to enforce by issuing "Disreguard Posted Sign" but from my understanding all courts have thrown them out. Courts have stated impeding traffic will be taken but it is not possible to impede traffic traveling to maximum posted speed limit
Quote:
Impeding the flow of traffic by continuing to drive in the left lane is punishable by a fine of up to $200.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:50 AM   #123
glen
Pope & Young

System- the shyster is a prosecuting attorney that does nothing but traffic law. I would imagine he may stay current on higher court rulings as apparently this made it there. I know this must be your area of expertise. The only violation that could be issued is "Disreguard Posted Sign". It didn't fly in court.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:52 AM   #124
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
System- the shyster is a prosecuting attorney that does nothing but traffic law. I would imagine he may stay current on higher court rulings as apparently this made it there. I know this must be your area of expertise. The only violation that could be issued is "Disreguard Posted Sign". It didn't fly in court.
Hes not very good at his job then.
Quote:
Sec. 544.011 of the Texas Transportation Code,
Pretty ****in clear.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:56 AM   #125
glen
Pope & Young

Look up Texas Penal Code 21.06. It is similar to this statue. On the books but will not pass the sniff test of higher courts
Old 01-11-2018, 07:57 AM   #126
the marshall
Six Point

Hunt In: Tex-ok-la

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
Left lane is for passing, Texas state law.
This

If you are in the left passing lane, someone may roll up behind you and start flashing their driving lights.

If you slam on your breaks to intimidate them they may have a dash cam and that would not go well for you

the marshall is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 07:58 AM   #127
the marshall
Six Point

Hunt In: Tex-ok-la

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
Funny how attitudes change as you age. I'm more than happy to move over and let you by even if I'm driving the posted speed limit. Like my dad used to say. "I'd rather have that fool in front of me instead of behind me."
Always looking for a new point man myself
the marshall is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 08:00 AM   #128
glen
Pope & Young

TTC 544.001 will require further definition and clarity before it could be enforced. That may come out in September for all I know
Old 01-11-2018, 08:07 AM   #129
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwitaplan View Post
Boom goes the Dynamite!
Quote:
Boom goes the real Dynamite LOL
Old 01-11-2018, 08:23 AM   #130
TMC50
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Whereever I can

These threads always crack me up.

IF you want to see some real idiot drivers, drive a school bus. It absolutely amazes me how people disregard school buses.

I could write a book from what I just see on my morning route and it would double in size if I included all the things I see while traveling for sports.
TMC50 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 08:25 AM   #131
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones and San Saba Counties and Missouri

Honestly I'm usually with 5mph of the speed limit. It is aggravating how other drivers do sometimes but life is too short to get stressed over stuff like that. The speed limit at 75mph on the highways is enough. Past that my gas mileage suffers anyhow.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
DRT is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 08:26 AM   #132
refugioco
Ten Point

Hunt In: Frio County

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRT View Post
Pass them on the right.

Not sure how, there are only 2 lanes with 2 large objects in each.
refugioco is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 08:27 AM   #133
DRT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by refugioco View Post
Not sure how, there are only 2 lanes with 2 large objects in each.
I wait for an on ramp.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:28 AM   #134
Radar
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wilson County

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC50 View Post
These threads always crack me up.

IF you want to see some real idiot drivers, drive a school bus. It absolutely amazes me how people disregard school buses.

I could write a book from what I just see on my morning route and it would double in size if I included all the things I see while traveling for sports.
I could only imagine what you see, last year some jack wagon in Floresville passed a stopped bus and struck a child getting on it .

It is always the same 7 or 8 people stirring the pot. I don't understand the rationale of coming on TBH to start chit. That "Sippy " thread took the cake though.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 08:35 AM   #135
DNTRanch
Ten Point

Hunt In: Runnels County

These threads just crack me up with MEN (lightly used term) thinking they need to get there 5 min. faster I like to just tap the brakes and get all worked up
DNTRanch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 08:43 AM   #136
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Honestly I'm usually with 5mph of the speed limit. It is aggravating how other drivers do sometimes but life is too short to get stressed over stuff like that. The speed limit at 75mph on the highways is enough. Past that my gas mileage suffers anyhow.

All joking aside I'm usually +/- 5mph of the speed limit also. I try to get over when I can. But when someone jets up on my bumper giving me no time to get over I don't freak out and try to go faster trying to get out of their way. Those are the morons causing most of the wrecks.

On a side note. My favorite is the jack wagon that changes lanes 35 times trying to get one car length ahead with each lane change going down 183 (or any big road with lots of traffic lights and traffic). They never get more than a minute ahead of anyone else but yet they seem to not ever figure this out.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:48 AM   #137
miket
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
Dang good point! I have the same attitude. You want by, get by, and get away from me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by the marshall View Post
Always looking for a new point man myself
Haha great way to put it. Point man is the first one to take a bullet!
miket is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 08:50 AM   #138
MySRT8U
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Boerne and anywhere else I can find

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNTRanch View Post
These threads just crack me up with MEN (lightly used term) thinking they need to get there 5 min. faster I like to just tap the brakes and get all worked up

See I do the opposite. I just move over. I tell myself maybe they have a real life emergency where 5 minutes does absolutely matter. Are most people that come up on your bumper just impatient jerks? Probably, but I would hate for someone to miss saying goodbye to a loved one or something like that just so I could see them ďget all worked upĒ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MySRT8U is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 08:54 AM   #139
willwork04
Four Point

This all comes down to common courtesy. I haul butt around. I stick in the far right lane as much as possible. I try to give people room when approaching them. I rarely get passed, however I am always cruising in the far right lane. If everyone would do their best to stay in far right lane, it would be remarkable how much easier it would be for everyone. Also, when going to pass someone, PASS them. Don't be afraid to give it a little throttle to get around.

Speed limits are archaic. They were designed around cars from the 60s & 70s. Those cars are total junk and not designed for high speeds. (I own one. I do NOT like to cruise at 75 in it). However, 2 of my road trip vehicles can cruise well at a high rate of speed NO PROBLEM. It helps they are german
willwork04 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 08:56 AM   #140
14JKURX
Ten Point

This type of thread makes me laugh.
The way I see it the main problem is that some people are to lazy to get up early enough to get to their destination on time without breaking the law. Someone driving the legal speed or slightly over that is passing a vehicle or group of vehicles should only be required to move over for emergency vehicles not someone that doesn’t know how to schedule their time or has disregard of the law.
14JKURX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 09:01 AM   #141
150class
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14JKURX View Post
The way I see it the main problem is that some people are to lazy to get up early enough to get to their destination on time without breaking the law. Someone driving the legal speed or slightly over that is passing a vehicle or group of vehicles should only be required to move over for emergency vehicles not someone that doesnít know how to schedule their time or has disregard of the law.
What about people that simply just drive faster then the norm and it has nothing to do with leaving late?
Old 01-11-2018, 09:06 AM   #142
Hunting4fun
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwitaplan View Post
Boom goes the Dynamite!
I'll see your "all vehicles keep to the right except to pass" sign and raise you this x1000. How about we all keep track of how many of each signs we see on our commutes today?

I guarantee you 10x more accidents happen because of speeders rather than people who don't go out of their way so other people can break the law.
Hunting4fun is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 09:21 AM   #143
Acameron52
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14JKURX View Post
The way I see it the main problem is that some people are to lazy to get up early enough to get to their destination on time without breaking the law. Someone driving the legal speed or slightly over that is passing a vehicle or group of vehicles should only be required to move over for emergency vehicles not someone that doesnít know how to schedule their time or has disregard of the law.
I have a problem and I need help!! Iím early everywhere I go, religiously. There are days I MAKE myself leave even earlier so I can take my time and go the speed limit wherever Iím headed. It never fails though, I look down and Iím going 90 without even knowing it. At that point I give up and go back to my old ways!!

Atleast Iím trying!! LOL
Acameron52 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 09:24 AM   #144
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fort Bend, Gillespie

Quote:
I'll pass you on the shoulder too.

Quote:
Which is why I throw my Dr pepper can at you as I go by.

Quote:
I jest. Honestly once your slow *** is out of the way I never look back.

Quote:

Quote:
I wait for an on ramp.

You're all over the place, whats it gonna be? Full blown road rage or avoid stressing the small stuff?
Backwoods101 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 09:27 AM   #145
Pkripper
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas Colorado

This thread does show who those people are that want to teach someone a lesson by driving the exact speed limit in the left lane. You are not the police if you want to be a traffic enforcer go join the state patrol or local law enforcement agency. In Germany if you were hit from behind in the left lane it was your fault. People would flash lights from a quarter of a mile away to let you know there coming. Just as people complain about speeders the ones that purposely sit in the left lane are the real jackwagons. Just move over, it's not that big of a deal.
Pkripper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 09:28 AM   #146
DRT
Pope & Young

Well when you have 2 trucks running 65 in a 75, see it on I20 out to Abilene often, it's just easier to go around them.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:28 AM   #147
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Polk County

At the end of the day, if I am passing a car do not fly up on my *** and I will move over for you when all is clear. If you fly up on my bumper like an *** hole, trying to intimidate me, then it typically doesn't go your way.

Last edited by JLivi1224; 01-11-2018 at 09:31 AM.
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 09:33 AM   #148
30-30
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hopkins County

Hereís a novel idea. If you donít have enough room/time to pass without impeding traffic, DONíT PASS. Regardless of speed. Be neighborly and wait until the left lane is clear. Like others have said, itís not your job to ensure everyone is going the speed limit.
30-30 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2018, 09:34 AM   #149
DRT
Pope & Young

And I don't have road rage. I just turn on some music and relax. I run 35,000 plus miles a year. You can't get upset and do crazy stuff or bad stuff will happen. However when the semi trucks decide they are gonna be jerks and control traffic an on ramp is just like a passing lane. You also have to consider older folks sometimes adjust their speed back because of the changes age bring. They still have a right to travel. And they don't deserve to be abused by Jack wagons. I played around some on this thread but I also know things develop fast. Like a deer in the road or a retread in your lane. My family may not like me being gone so much but they do like me to make it home safe.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:35 AM   #150
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Polk County

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30-30 View Post
Hereís a novel idea. If you donít have enough room/time to pass without impeding traffic, DONíT PASS. Regardless of speed. Be neighborly and wait until the left lane is clear. Like others have said, itís not your job to ensure everyone is going the speed limit.
I don't care if you're speeding by 10 or 50. If you don't run up on me, I'll get over.
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top