Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 06-25-2014, 05:42 PM   #51
Ballcoach10
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bastop County

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCO View Post
I can’t speak from experience on that.

But I have seen Buff’s Dog Bagley track both deer & hogs, and she does not discriminate when it comes to a wounded animal.

She is relentless, and will hunt either one down with equal animosity.

He uses a lead rope when he puts her on a track.

Ok, that's what I have heard is that blood is blood.. I run a lead simply because of our hog problems and I don't want mine getting tangled up in something that will hurt her

Thanks for your advice
Ballcoach10 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2014, 05:49 PM   #52
TUCO
Pope & Young

Location: Rockwall Co. TX Photography:CANON 50D Videography:SONY Pd 170
Hunt In: Webb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballcoach10 View Post

Ok, that's what I have heard is that blood is blood.. I run a lead simply because of our hog problems and I don't want mine getting tangled up in something that will hurt her

Thanks for your advice
I have been told by several folks that they shy away from using hog blood to train their dogs.

I can’t say for certain why, but it might be because of the different kind of bad stuff that the hog blood might contain versus cattle blood.
TUCO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2014, 05:51 PM   #53
AggieArcher
Eight Point

Hunt In: West Mason County

Just bought a lighted collar for mine for night tracking! The book I read that taught me about training my pup said to have a designated collar for tracking so he knows when to go into hunt mode, so I found a really nice one online. I'll let y'all know how it works
AggieArcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2014, 06:25 PM   #54
huntingfanatic
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stonewall County

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieArcher View Post
Just bought a lighted collar for mine for night tracking! The book I read that taught me about training my pup said to have a designated collar for tracking so he knows when to go into hunt mode, so I found a really nice one online. I'll let y'all know how it works
They will figure it out pretty quick on there own. As soon as he sees the tracking collar my dog about turns himself inside out and runs to the back of the truck to try and load up.

Best tracking story I have is the daddy of my catahoula is just a flat out tracking beast. One of our hunters called in an said he had shot a buck and had followed blood a little ways and lost it. We loaded up Speck and headed their way. About a 1/4 of a mile from the stand we r driving down the road and speck starts bawling and barking from the back of the truck. My buddy says he smells that deer. I said what ??? No way. He stops the truck and speck bails out and he finds that deer about 75 yards off the side of the road !! You should have seen their faces when we pulled up with the deer in the back of the truck. Just out of curiosity I asked them which way the deer had run after they shot. They pointed in exactly the opposite direction from where we had found the deer.
huntingfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2014, 06:29 PM   #55
jared_bays
Ten Point

Hunt In: Blanco Co.

Here's Mickey, our 12 week old Crack Russell Terrier. I've only had him on about 1/2 dozen mock trails so far. I bought 3 pints of pork blood at an Asian Msrket in China Town. So far I have been pretty generous with the blood on the tracks but now I have a chunk of hide that I bought from Dog Bone that I'm going to start using with a lot less blood. I also bought their blood tracking scent, they claim its made from deer blood??

jared_bays is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2014, 06:30 PM   #56
TUCO
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingfanatic View Post

They will figure it out pretty quick on there own. As soon as he sees the tracking collar my dog about turns himself inside out and runs to the back of the truck to try and load up.

Best tracking story I have is the daddy of my catahoula is just a flat out tracking beast. One of our hunters called in an said he had shot a buck and had followed blood a little ways and lost it. We loaded up Speck and headed their way. About a 1/4 of a mile from the stand we r driving down the road and speck starts bawling and barking from the back of the truck. My buddy says he smells that deer. I said what ??? No way. He stops the truck and speck bails out and he finds that deer about 75 yards off the side of the road !! You should have seen their faces when we pulled up with the deer in the back of the truck. Just out of curiosity I asked them which way the deer had run after they shot. They pointed in exactly the opposite direction from where we had found the deer.
Good story hf....
Old 06-25-2014, 06:33 PM   #57
Ballcoach10
Ten Point

Quote:

Stud!!!
Old 06-25-2014, 06:37 PM   #58
hoyt21
Ten Point

Hunt In: Ben Bolt, Tx

Quote:

Now that's a tracker
hoyt21 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2014, 06:38 PM   #59
hoyt21
Ten Point

2 more of Red from today
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2014, 06:38 PM   #60
hoyt21
Ten Point

Today
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2014, 06:41 PM   #61
TUCO
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared_bays View Post

Here's Mickey, our 12 week old Crack Russell Terrier. I've only had him on about 1/2 dozen mock trails so far. I bought 3 pints of pork blood at an Asian Msrket in China Town. So far I have been pretty generous with the blood on the tracks but now I have a chunk of hide that I bought from Dog Bone that I'm going to start using with a lot less blood. I also bought their blood tracking scent, they claim its made from deer blood??
Man that dog has a slick coat jb.

He looks in top shape.

Congrats on a great looking JRT!
Old 06-25-2014, 06:45 PM   #62
AggieArcher
Eight Point

I started mine on just the hide at first but its too easy for him! I can drag that thing 500 yards and he never breaks stride finding it! Liver blended with water in a squirt bottle hasn't been much of a challenge either, spreading the drops out, 3 90 degree turns per mock trail, and even started doing blind tracks where my girlfriend lays the track while Bullet and I wait in the truck. He goes insane the second I say "Lets go hunt!" And hes 14 for 14 on mock trails so far. What should I do next? How do I know when he's ready to track a real animal?
Old 06-25-2014, 06:46 PM   #63
AggieArcher
Eight Point

Default TBH BLOOD DOG TRACKING, TRAINING, & RECOVERY Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared_bays View Post

Jared its cool that our JRTs are both 11-12 weeks right now! It will be cool to see how they both grow. Whered you get him from?
Old 06-25-2014, 07:06 PM   #64
JonBoy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mason, TX; Doss, TX

Out of curiosity...what are your thoughts about training an older dog (say 4 years old). Also, what books or training methods could you point me to if I wanted to start trying to train?
JonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2014, 07:22 PM   #65
huntingfanatic
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stonewall County

Quote:
I started mine on just the hide at first but its too easy for him! I can drag that thing 500 yards and he never breaks stride finding it! Liver blended with water in a squirt bottle hasn't been much of a challenge either, spreading the drops out, 3 90 degree turns per mock trail, and even started doing blind tracks where my girlfriend lays the track while Bullet and I wait in the truck. He goes insane the second I say "Lets go hunt!" And hes 14 for 14 on mock trails so far. What should I do next? How do I know when he's ready to track a real animal?
When he was younger I kept doing mock trails all the way up to deer season. After that I put him on lots of easy trails. Anyone on our lease that shot a deer would wait and let me put him on the track even if they saw the deer fall. Those short easy tracks sure seemed to help.
huntingfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2014, 07:29 PM   #66
TUCO
Pope & Young

Quote:

Tyler, I also associate a few words when going on a track.

I had a relative that was a top notch beagle man, and ran swamp rabbits down in SW Louisiana.

He would let those beagles loose and would always say “Let’s get a rabbit!”

He would repeat that phrase as the dogs worked the track as well. It is like he was spurring them on. And there was no doubt they were responding to his encouragement.

He was the best dog man I ever met, and his dogs were as good as they get.

Anyway…when I turn gumbo out I say “Let’s find a deer!” and repeat that as he is working the trail.

When he gets hung up for a few seconds on a hard turn, and then picks the trail back up I let him know he is doing well.

All of us respond well to positive encouragement. Our dogs are no different
Old 06-25-2014, 07:49 PM   #67
TUCO
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEBowHunter View Post

Out of curiosity...what are your thoughts about training an older dog (say 4 years old). Also, what books or training methods could you point me to if I wanted to start trying to train?

You might try the same thing I have been doing with my pup. Make a mock trail, and put their food at the end as the reward. It is a great motivator. Make them find their food instead of pouring it in a bowl right in front of them. Set a time, and don't feed your dog past that time in the evening. Then run a trail early the next morning for your dog, and put his food in a small container that he won’t spot at the end of the trail. The dog will quickly figure out that if he wants to eat, he has to follow the trail.

A hungry dog is a motivated dog.....

There is a book; I don't know the name off hand, but I will find out & post it up shortly.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:15 PM   #68
Ballcoach10
Ten Point

Quote:
You might try the same thing I have been doing with my pup. Make a mock trail, and put their food at the end as the reward. It is a great motivator. Make them find their food instead of pouring it in a bowl right in front of them. Set a time, and don't feed your dog past that time in the evening. Then run a trail early the next morning for your dog, and put his food in a small container that he won’t spot at the end of the trail. The dog will quickly figure out that if he wants to eat, he has to follow the trail.

A hungry dog is a motivated dog.....

There is a book; I don't know the name off hand, but I will find out & post it up shortly.

The book I got Is by john jeaneney .
Training dogs for tracking wounded deer or something like that
Old 06-25-2014, 08:23 PM   #69
TUCO
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEBowHunter View Post

Also, what books or training methods could you point me to if I wanted to start trying to train?

Quote:

The book I got Is by john jeaneney .

Training dogs for tracking wounded deer or something like that
That’s it!
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2014, 08:30 PM   #70
Ballcoach10
Ten Point

Quote:
That’s it!

This book is the real deal. I followed this book word for word just about when training kimber . Really does a good job of explaining what to do at what stages the dog is in
Old 06-25-2014, 08:30 PM   #71
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wyoming and Texas

Sarge. Pic would not load. Guess he's too pretty !
Attached Images

Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2014, 08:31 PM   #72
jared_bays
Ten Point

Hunt In: Blanco Co.

Quote:
Man that dog has a slick coat jb.

He looks in top shape.

Congrats on a great looking JRT!
Thanks a bunch. He's definitely HI-OCTANE.

Quote:
Jared its cool that our JRTs are both 11-12 weeks right now! It will be cool to see how they both grow. Whered you get him from?
I got him from fowlwaters here on the GS. I think he is from the Liberty/Dayton area. I really dig Mickey's short stubby legs and bulky frame. Truthfully, I haven't taught him anything, its all instinct. I think he's gonna turn out pretty good. Or at least do what I want anyway.
jared_bays is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2014, 09:03 PM   #73
Rich-Kat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Melvin,Tx or where I can

Tuned in!!!
Rich-Kat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2014, 09:06 PM   #74
Bowhunter1994
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anywhere I can

tuned in maybe i can help with the basics.
Bowhunter1994 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2014, 09:20 PM   #75
gusman
Ten Point

Hunt In: /east texas

Honcho is always ready to hunt
Attached Images

gusman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2014, 09:24 PM   #76
Brack
Eight Point

Hunt In: Schleicher County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brack View Post
I have a Beagle that is a year and a half. I have worked her on a number of artificial lines. Unfortunately, no actual animals yet. My artificial lines are aged about 6 hours and she does not have much trouble with them. So, I have some questions for the folks that have been training a while.

How much space do you normally put between each drip of blood? Do you base it on your dog's performance? if so, what is reasonable goal for spacing for your dog to achieve?

Do you use deer scent on the line (ie Hide tied to your feet as you walk) or just leave a piece of deer hide at the end of the line?

Thanks in advance.
^^^ Anybody???
Brack is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2014, 09:34 PM   #77
Brack
Eight Point

Hunt In: Schleicher County

This is my dog; she is a Bluetick Beagle.
Attached Images

Brack is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2014, 09:42 PM   #78
Ballcoach10
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brack View Post
^^^ Anybody???

I don't claim to know much just followed my book. When I do strait blood I start out with a lot and then dwindle as I go to try and Mimick a actual trail. I would say I get to where I have done trails where toward the middle and then end I do a drop of blood every 5 yds or so.

As of now I am doing exclusively deer hide that soaks in a little blood while frozen
Old 06-25-2014, 10:24 PM   #79
AggieArcher
Eight Point

I use word association as well! Idk who it helps get excited on the track more Bullet or me, but as he goes I'll say "Find the deer!" And he gets real excited from that and starts sniffing. He's a machine right now I've been blown away by his nose (my first tracking dog)...... but John Jeannenys book is legit! This is one of the most rewarding animal experiences I've ever had!
Old 06-25-2014, 10:25 PM   #80
AggieArcher
Eight Point

Whats supposed to be harder to find, the hide or blood?
Old 06-25-2014, 11:03 PM   #81
chewjr
Eight Point

Hunt In: East Texas
Default TBH BLOOD DOG TRACKING, TRAINING, & RECOVERY Thread

My 6 month old beagle Hank, he has done well on multiple mock trails. I can't wait to get him on some live action!

Last edited by chewjr; 06-25-2014 at 11:07 PM..
chewjr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2014, 11:11 PM   #82
Ballcoach10
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewjr View Post
My 6 month old beagle Hank, he has done well on multiple mock trails. I can't wait to get him on some live action!

What a beautiful dog!
Old 06-25-2014, 11:16 PM   #83
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMag View Post
Great thread. I've been trying some scent trails (no blood yet) and can't get my houla to focus. I swear it's like she has ADD. It's been a bear just trying to train her simple commands. She does fine when you have treats in hand, after that she won't even flinch when you call her name. Especially when she sees the cows. First hunting type dog for me so it's been as much of a learning experience for me as it has her. She's got a heck of a nose, just trying to figure out how to harness it. Will be following this closely.

Also interested in the blood differences. Not sure I have time to get to a locker, but the beef liver idea sounds do-able.
BLOOD is what you want her to trail, without blood you are training her to fail.
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2014, 11:20 PM   #84
chewjr
Eight Point

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:
What a beautiful dog!

Thank ya I got him as a Christmas present. Best gift ever.

chewjr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2014, 11:25 PM   #85
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403752876.024529.jpg
Views: 1668
Size:  68.7 KB

We find some deer....

In my opinion the recent popularity of everyone owning their own tracking dog has made it hard for established dogs to get the tracks needed to further their experience and build confidence.

Most trackers don't charge NEAR what it cost to feed a dog for a year...
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2014, 11:34 PM   #86
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Scheicher Co., TX.

Who uses a lead rope versus turning the dog loose on a track? Do you use a tracking collar or cow bell if off a lead rope? I just started training mine on blood trail. I using a lead rope. I plan on putting a small cow bell on my dog and turning him loose on a live trail this fall.
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2014, 11:41 PM   #87
Froggy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise/Montague/Public land

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
Who uses a lead rope versus turning the dog loose on a track? Do you use a tracking collar or cow bell if off a lead rope? I just started training mine on blood trail. I using a lead rope. I plan on putting a small cow bell on my dog and turning him loose on a live trail this fall.

I use a Garmin Astro tracking collar and a Tri-tronics Trashbreaker G-3 e-collar. They are expensive but worth the money to avoid the frustration of ending up hunting your tracking dog. I have Diesel whistle trained to come with two short blast. If he ignores me, I first tone him then as a last resort hit him with electricity. He don't like electricity.

Leads work well if you are young and can run and bust brush. This old geezer can't do that anymore.
Froggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2014, 12:01 AM   #88
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Scheicher Co., TX.

I'm interested in a collar. I will look into the one you use. Thanks for the info. I'm getting to old for brush busting also
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2014, 12:02 AM   #89
pyrobow
Ten Point

Hunt In: Throckmorton
Default My tracker

With her first at 6 1/2 months old

Name:  # 1 shrunk.jpg
Views: 1527
Size:  64.6 KB

and her Last

Name:  # 7 9-29-2013.jpg
Views: 1438
Size:  116.1 KB

Mine was not much on mock trails until she was more than 5 months old and had her first real trail at 6 1/2 months.

I run mine on a lead due to county roads around our place. When she is ON she will try to track at a dead run. After the first couple of trails I took her off of a collar and went to a harness. She was pulling so hard she was choking herself. When I pull her harness out, she goes nuts.

Some of the best advice I can give is if you are on a lease, try to get every to agree to let the dog trail. On our lease if the deer does not drop right there, we get the dog. Even short trails are good for them

Also, Trust your dog. The odds are you can learn more from her than she can from you.
pyrobow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2014, 12:02 AM   #90
Tex
Ten Point

I'll post more later but here is my latest tracking dog. This will be Libby's second season. She did really well last year. She is a Jack Russel Terrorist by the way.
Rule #1 never spoil your dog.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2014, 12:05 AM   #91
pyrobow
Ten Point

Oh on some dogs an out command or such is very important. When mine get to the deer it becomes HER deer. We are still trying to get this worked out. She has been know to snap at people. Not bite but snap.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:07 AM   #92
pyrobow
Ten Point

TEX kids of course. Mine is rotten, but the more they want to please you. The harder they will work.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:41 AM   #93
tgil
Pope & Young

Here is a link to an old thread when my dog found her first deer. It's long and listening to me trying to keep her pumped up is annoying, even to me, but this is the way we trained so when it was time to try the real thing I wanted to be consistent.
http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=189498
tgil is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2014, 01:58 AM   #94
Speedgoat
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboswell View Post
Attachment 630224

We find some deer....

In my opinion the recent popularity of everyone owning their own tracking dog has made it hard for established dogs to get the tracks needed to further their experience and build confidence.

Most trackers don't charge NEAR what it cost to feed a dog for a year...
You made me change my mind. I am going to make her a house dog now and put ribbons on her ears
Speedgoat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2014, 02:09 AM   #95
hoyt21
Ten Point

I don't think anyone here is in it for the money.... Just my opinion
Old 06-26-2014, 05:47 AM   #96
Buff
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The World

I can't believe Courtney and Rod have not posted yet, they are 2 of the best dog trainers I know and I wore them out when I first bought Bagley. I bet I called them at least once on every track I worked for the first dozen we did.

I will post a few of the things I have learned in the last 3 years with Bagley.

Try to put your dog on every track you can. The short ones help as much as the hard ones. I even dragged a few off a couple of hundred yards with a 4 wheeler when I first got her.

Don't be afraid to start over. Many times on a difficult track we will stop and pull out. Rest a few minutes and take some water. I have yet to have her not take up the track again.

I'm a big fan of working the track on a lead. If I was in south texas, I might look at it differantly but up here, I like to keep her under control and safe as best I can.

Try to keep everyone else away from you and your dog. Their nature is to be a pack animal. If you have someone the dog feels like is ahead of them on the track, they want to go to them . Much the same as coon dogs leap frog each other on a trail.

I try to not speak to my dog on a track. It distacts her alot as she thinks I'm wanting her to do something other than what she is already doing.

As far as tracking pigs and deer, Bagley has found Whitetails, hogs, Fallow, Axis, Sika, Blackbuck, Red deer, and all manner of Sheep and goats. If it is bleeding, she will track it..

Understand going in your not going to find them all. Some times they are just not dead.
I have spent hours trailing a wounded animal that I just can't catch up to. Then see the animal again 3 or 4 days later still alive and well.

Thats all I have for now other than to say their is a lot of fun in working with a dog. It brings a lot of pleasure to show up and save the day for someone who has shot a deer and lost all hope of finding it.
Name:  baglady6.jpg
Views: 1502
Size:  201.8 KB

Name:  bagley4.jpg
Views: 1449
Size:  61.7 KB

Last edited by Buff; 06-26-2014 at 05:50 AM..
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2014, 05:52 AM   #97
Buff
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The World

Here she comes to save the day

Name:  bag23.jpg
Views: 1397
Size:  64.4 KB
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2014, 06:18 AM   #98
TUCO
Pope & Young

Quote:

"Camo" my catahoula

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockValue View Post

This is Jesse. She's about 16 weeks.

Picking up some blood and hide from keep this weekend.
I sure do like the face markings on both of those dogs.

Congrats on a handsome dog & pup!
Old 06-26-2014, 06:52 AM   #99
TUCO
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post

I can't believe Courtney and Rod have not posted yet, they are 2 of the best dog trainers I know and I wore them out when I first bought Bagley. I bet I called them at least once on every track I worked for the first dozen we did.

I will post a few of the things I have learned in the last 3 years with Bagley.

Try to put your dog on every track you can. The short ones help as much as the hard ones. I even dragged a few off a couple of hundred yards with a 4 wheeler when I first got her.

Don't be afraid to start over. Many times on a difficult track we will stop and pull out. Rest a few minutes and take some water. I have yet to have her not take up the track again.

I'm a big fan of working the track on a lead. If I was in south texas, I might look at it differantly but up here, I like to keep her under control and safe as best I can.

Try to keep everyone else away from you and your dog. Their nature is to be a pack animal. If you have someone the dog feels like is ahead of them on the track, they want to go to them . Much the same as coon dogs leap frog each other on a trail.

I try to not speak to my dog on a track. It distacts her alot as she thinks I'm wanting her to do something other than what she is already doing.

As far as tracking pigs and deer, Bagley has found Whitetails, hogs, Fallow, Axis, Sika, Blackbuck, Red deer, and all manner of Sheep and goats. If it is bleeding, she will track it..

Understand going in your not going to find them all. Some times they are just not dead.
I have spent hours trailing a wounded animal that I just can't catch up to. Then see the animal again 3 or 4 days later still alive and well.

Thats all I have for now other than to say there is a lot of fun in working with a dog.

It brings a lot of pleasure to show up and save the day for someone who has shot a deer and lost all hope of finding it.

Those are some great tips Marty. Thanks for taking the time out to post and let us in on some of the do's and don'ts when it comes to tracking dogs.

I hope Courtney & Rod chime in on the thread. We really appreciate & will put to use all the good advice we can get.

I have talked with Encinal about dragging a few deer with the Ranger just to make a longer track. That sounds like a great idea to me.

I never considered that talking to the dog while on track could distract them. Maybe I should just keep quiet and let the dog work…….

I think your last few lines speak for a lot of folks as to why they have, or are training a blood tracking dog Marty.

And the "HERE SHE COMES TO SAVE THE DAY!" pic is priceless.
Name:  Bagley 1.JPG
Views: 1380
Size:  31.4 KB

Last edited by TUCO; 06-26-2014 at 07:12 AM.. Reason: Bagley Photo
Old 06-26-2014, 06:59 AM   #100
Old Bald Guy
Ten Point

My up and coming tracking dog. My last Catahoula retrieved doves as good as any dog around. Sure do miss her.
Attached Images

Old Bald Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top