Beyond photoshop - I need a jackalope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beyond photoshop - I need a jackalope

My boys have seen them mounted at Carter’s Country, I’ve shown them “game cam” pics of them, and they’ve looked them up online and now want to see or shoot one in real life. I have a limited, yet epic, opportunity to shoot a rabbit and somehow get antlers glued on to bring it home to them to show. I figure this will seal the deal and should have aftershock effects that last for years. I think the rabbit part ain’t too hard, and I should be able to find some small antlers somewhere...but any suggestions on how to mount them to a freshly killed rabbit carcass so that they look real?

Get some small deer antlers and drill hole in bottom of base, then epoxy a 1” screw (sheet metal ? ) Then harvest rabbit and screw antlers into skull

Comment

You can buy one up here already made for you pretty cheap.
      I've seen them in truck stops etc...

Comment

I have one mounted in my office. I bought it at a store in Austin that sells them along with other cool stuff like antlers and hides. I could send you a pic or find the name of the place if you'd like

Comment

Originally posted by Efren View Post
          I have one mounted in my office. I bought it at a store in Austin that sells them along with other cool stuff like antlers and hides. I could send you a pic or find the name of the place if you'd like
          What store was this? Have always wanted one for my trophy room.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
            What store was this? Have always wanted one for my trophy room.
            Corner Shopee

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
              You can buy one up here already made for you pretty cheap.
              I've seen them in truck stops etc...

Yes, they’ve seen them already mounted, but I want to bring one home in a cooler. Let them handle it and make them believers forever. I figure this is the kind of prank a dad is obligated to do on his kids, so I appreciate the suggestions and might give the sheet metal screws a try.

Comment

That’s going to be great. I take it your kids grew up snipe hunting?

Comment

Working...
                X