Pop up blind for recurve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop up blind for recurve

What pop up blinds yall use to have enough room to shoot a recurve. My bow is 62". Also do yall were black shirts if the inside is black as well? Heard that is the way to go.

3rivers archery has a blind they say is made for long bows, I was thinking about ordering one. The Double Bull used to come in a L-B version, but haven't seen it advertised in a couple years. I'll be watching this thread for info.
    Thanks for asking the ?

Comment

I've used the T2 Doublebull, and the Eastman L85, and have shot from 64" to 68" out of them with no problem.

I recently purchased an Ameristep Penthouse blind, and it is a roomy blind. By far larger than the other two I have used. The material seems a little thin, but it's pretty much the same as a nice nylon tent.
      I haven't hunted out of it yet, but I've set it up, and shot out of it, and it's NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Doublebull is the old style with no black on the inside.
      My Eastman is an inside blackout model.

I've dressed in just about every color clothing you can imagine except for bright stuff, and never had a problem with anything I wore.

I don't set in view from the windows. Instead I set to the side of the windows, and peek around. When the shot opportunity comes, I just lean into shooting position, and let er rip.

Rick

Comment

We use the primos ground max blinds something like escape deluxe.... It's 77"x77" x75" tall.... It's nice and roomy... No worries in that blind even with my 66" longbow

Comment

No input on which blind to use but dark colors are best inside a pop-up

Comment

Thanks, keep giving the info...this good stuff

Comment

I have an old Double Bull recurve model. It is a T5 but taller. I sent it in years ago and had the viewing windows added. Love that blind....you can actually stand up in it and stretch your legs and back out.

Comment

Cabelas has a Primos that is tall enough for a 66" LB
                I have one of the early Double Bull Recurve models that is good enough for my 62" recurve, but not quite tall enough for my LB because I shoot with the bow totally vertical

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_B View Post
                  What pop up blinds yall use to have enough room to shoot a recurve. My bow is 62". Also do yall were black shirts if the inside is black as well? Heard that is the way to go.
                  Most pop-ups are about 62 inches at the highest point (center). You could get more room by putting/anchoring your pop-up on a frame and digging a one foot hole around the "footing". That should give you more room. OR ... raising the pop-up about a foot (not recommended because of snakes getting in). I know it sounds silly but a friend did the raised version with landscape timbers and secured the sides so no snakes got in.

Comment

The problem with raising it up is that on some blinds that will make the windows too high.
                    You can shoot out of the regular size Double Bull but you have to be real careful that you will clear the roof when you shoot. That is why i prefer to homemake my ground blinds.

Bisch

Comment

I use a Double Bull Dark Horse Recurve model it is 74"

Comment

I use an Ameristep Penthouse pop up blind. It's 90"x78"x78" and I have no problem shooting out of it with both of my 66" recurves.

Comment

That Primos is a good one for the price. It is has plenty of room. I even had my son with me in it last year a couple of times.

Comment

The Double Bull (Primos) 360 has the best window arrangement because of its adjustability. You can put the window height anywhere you want it, and you can open or close any portion of the entire perimeter, its just to short even for my recurve since I do not cant the bow.

Comment

I use the escape deluxe and the penthouse. Plenty of room in either. I had an Ameristep Dominator was was great as well, until the cows ate it.

Comment

Working...
                              X