No announcement yet.

.45 vs. .357 Sig????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the 357 like in archery bigger, badder, faster is'nt always better but the 357 is a nice size stick.

Comment

If you're worried about cost and availability for plinking just pickup a 357sig and buy a .40s&w barrel for it, shoot the .40's at the range for plinking and then swap barrels back for carry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Just goes to show how folks perceive things differently. To me the 357 SIG and the 40 have MORE or at least a much snappier recoil than the 45. To me they have more muzzle blast as well due to being a much higher pressure round.
        You are correct Mike. My 357 sig kicks more then my 45 and the 45 is a sub compact glock and the 357 is a compact glock. I love both guns and you wont go wrong with either one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by LSU FAN View Post
          i bought my first pistol back in december and have fallen in love with shooting them...i want a higher caliber now...what are yalls opinions on .45 and .357 sig? if you are partial to one or the other, which gun do you like in that caliber?
          Brother in law used to think his .45 was better than the .357sig I had till we shot some skunks right at dark that had been trying to get into the hay barn. Lets just say he's inpressed with what a .40 S&W necked down to .38 can do to just about anything

If you get a chance and want to see why the Highway Patrol and TDCJ guys carry .357 Sigs shoot it thru a old car/truck door

Comment

so if you want it for personal pretection and you think the guy that breaks into your house might carry a car door with him, get the sig

Comment

The .357 will defeat up to class II body armor whereas the others won't.
              All of them will go thru 6-8 layers of sheetrock.

Comment

Give a 10mm a try in a Glock its the best of all worlds depending on the round you you put down the tube look up the stats on it.

Comment

Go with a 45ACP. A .357 can expand but a .45 will never shrink.

Comment

just got this off the a web site. the 357 sig has 550 to 650 ibs of kinetic energy the 45acp has 450 to 550

Comment

357SIG:

Highly overpriced boutique round that does the .40S&W one worse: it manages to share the capacity penalty of the .40 while retaining the small bullet diameter of the 9mm. Noisy, sharp recoil, and 100% cost penalty for ballistics that can be matched by a good 9mm +P+ load. Penetrates like the dickens, which means that the Air Marshals just had to adopt it…only to load their guns with frangible bullets to make sure they don’t penetrate like the dickens.

.45ACP:

Chunky low-pressure cartridge that hogs magazine space and requires a low-capacity design (if the gun needs to fit human hands) or a grip with the circumference of a two-liter soda bottle (if the gun needs to hold more than seven rounds). Disturbingly prone to bullet setback, expensive to reload, fits only into big and clunky guns, and a recoil that has an inversely proportionate relationship with muzzle energy.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                        The only way that a pistol round has an effect on the central nervous system is with a brain or spinal cord hit.
                        I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          357SIG:

Highly overpriced boutique round that does the .40S&W one worse: it manages to share the capacity penalty of the .40 while retaining the small bullet diameter of the 9mm. Noisy, sharp recoil, and 100% cost penalty for ballistics that can be matched by a good 9mm +P+ load. Penetrates like the dickens, which means that the Air Marshals just had to adopt it…only to load their guns with frangible bullets to make sure they don’t penetrate like the dickens.

.45ACP:

Chunky low-pressure cartridge that hogs magazine space and requires a low-capacity design (if the gun needs to fit human hands) or a grip with the circumference of a two-liter soda bottle (if the gun needs to hold more than seven rounds). Disturbingly prone to bullet setback, expensive to reload, fits only into big and clunky guns, and a recoil that has an inversely proportionate relationship with muzzle energy.
                          find this for the 10mm so i can ooo and ahhh

Comment

i have seen the 10mm option thrown out there several times...i know nothing about that caliber...someone educate me on the pros and cons

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                              find this for the 10mm so i can ooo and ahhh

10mm Auto:

Super-high pressure cartridge that beats up gun and shooter alike. Very brisk recoil in anything other than all-steel S&W boat anchors, with a shot recovery that’s measured in geological epochs for most handgun platforms. Often underloaded to wimpy levels (see “.40 S&W”), which then gives it 9mm ballistics while requiring .45ACP magazine real estate.

...silly delta shooters

Comment

....for my buddy tuff

9mm Luger:

European popgun round that’s only popular because the ammo is cheap for a centerfire cartridge. Cheap ammo is a good thing for 9mm aficionados, because anything bigger and more dangerous than a cranky raccoon will likely require multiple well-placed hits. Wildly popular all over the world, mostly in countries where people don’t carry guns, and cops don’t have to actually shoot people with theirs.

Comment

Working...
                                X