My First Ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Ram

I posted pic's on "Around the Campfire" of my first ram. I shot it with my Sarrels takedown longbow.

congrats...we missed you at the banquet.

Comment

congrats on the nice ram!!!!

Comment

I checked out your picture with the ram. Nice work. However, looking at your bow, I have to ask. What is the brace height on that bow? It sure looks big based on what I have mine braced at.

Thanks.

Ed
        Last edited by Frontloader; 03-19-2007, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Ed,
          I have my brace height at 8 1/2" on that bow. I know that seems high for a longbow (more like a recurve), but it shoots well for me there. It is a 58" bow and that may be part of the reason (not really sure). I have a bad habit of slapping my forearm with every shot, with any bow, so the higher brace height helps with that as well. My 62" Sierra has the brace height set around 7 1/4", which is more standard for a longbow, but this one just seems to shoot better for me with the higher brace height. I have read on a few occassions that every bow has its "sweet spot" concerning brace height. I guess this one is just a bit higher than most, at least with me shooting it. Hope that answers your question. Very observant on your part by the way. Steve.

Comment

Steve

Thanks for the response. Your answer tells me what I needed to know. And it evidently works well for you.

I have mine set according to what Bob recommended and it works OK for me. Poor technique on my part gets me a slap now and then. Usually when I start shooting the bow after a little time off from practice. One slap and I start doing it right real quick.

Thanks again.

Ed

Comment

Congrats on the trad harvest! Always special.

Comment

Working...
              X