No announcement yet.

How do I get rid of this weed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how you kill it, but I promise you shredding it with the brush hog will make it quadruplify in a year.

Comment

Goat

Comment

Get some stump and brush killer, clip it off and paint the stub with the mixture. I use it on stuff like this frequently with good success

Comment

Originally posted by Stick'n'String View Post
          Do I need to snip it before I spray with the remedy & diesel mixture like I do the huisache? When I spray them, they die pretty quick, but they seem to come back in the same area real quick too. I suppose that's because of the long trailing root system.
          Everywhere in my yard where these have been giving me issues is dirt and green briar. The remedy & diesel mixture is keeping everything else dead but these.
          Don't necessarily need to cut first, but greenbriar produces lots of seeds, so until you get them under control, there is always a lot of natural regeneration. Also, the chemical works better when the plants are not drought-stressed (more effective and transferring the chemical to the roots).

Comment

I believe remedy is what you want. Check the label for sure though.

Comment

Don't let sharecropper see this, he might want to know if you can smoke it.

Comment

Bring in some wild hogs. They will dig up the roots!

Comment

Surmount will kill it but you need a license to purchase it

Comment

easiest to get would be a 24d, but surmount will work great

Comment

The best thing I've found is just keep mowing it. I've tried ag grade Round Up and it just burns the leave a little. It might do better if you added a surfactant.

Comment

Honestly, I'm quite surprised nobody got on this thread and said "Smoke it" lol. I was surprised to see a fella say eat it though

Comment

It was said!
                          Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                          Don't let sharecropper see this, he might want to know if you can smoke it.

Comment

We call it devil vines for obvious reasons, I hate those things. No help on how to get rid of them though,good luck

Comment

Apparently there are people on TBH that go around cleaning lots for free. Just be careful cause after sometime they will want your land

Comment

Dig it up and follow it to the nut. It’s a pain but you will get rid of it for good.

Comment

Working...
                                X