Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 06-29-2018, 08:37 AM   #51
Chief Big Toe
Ten Point

I had a Farmersville PD, stop me after crossing Lavon, I was doing 67 in a 60.. no big deal, pulled in off the road for our safety, had my license and LTC out with insurance, right away he asked how fast I was doing over the lake, and I replied , what did you clock at. he says I got 78, and I laughed and said no Sir I was doing 67, yadda yadda yadda, he asked about my gun, I showed him that it was in the door, after all the pleasantries... he thanked me for being cooperative and I thanked him. he said Have a nice day. simple pleasantries will take you so much farther.....
Chief Big Toe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2018, 09:14 AM   #52
Rush2Judge
Eight Point

Hunt In: Wood County

You should probably go get some counseling and pet some puppies until it passes.

I too have never had a bad experience with police. A few grumpy ones but, hey, what profession doesn't have those?

Don't mean to take away from your near death experience but I have a question for LEO on here. My wife got stopped on I-30 east of Sulphur Springs. Officer said it was because she didn't have a front license plate. He did not even write her a warning. I suspected he was profiling looking for drug runners. She was driving a BMW M5 with somewhat tinted glass. I'm pretty sure he lost interest when he saw a middle aged woman dressed in business attire. Am I right?
Rush2Judge is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2018, 09:43 AM   #53
Big pig
Ten Point

Hunt In: Goliad and Leon Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atfulldraw View Post
Iím on the copís side.....

anyone that doesnít get a blizzard needs a tazing
Thatís funny!!

Great story. Pics?
Big pig is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2018, 09:48 AM   #54
quarterback
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush2Judge View Post
You should probably go get some counseling and pet some puppies until it passes.

I too have never had a bad experience with police. A few grumpy ones but, hey, what profession doesn't have those?

Don't mean to take away from your near death experience but I have a question for LEO on here. My wife got stopped on I-30 east of Sulphur Springs. Officer said it was because she didn't have a front license plate. He did not even write her a warning. I suspected he was profiling looking for drug runners. She was driving a BMW M5 with somewhat tinted glass. I'm pretty sure he lost interest when he saw a middle aged woman dressed in business attire. Am I right?
Pretty sure you are supposed to have a front license plate in Texas.
quarterback is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2018, 10:49 AM   #55
wdtorque
Eight Point

I got a ticket near Dumas for speeding a couple years ago.
I deserved it. It was appropriate. (I should be from DumAss)
It was Robert Earl's fault!
wdtorque is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2018, 11:00 AM   #56
Mike
Ten Point

First off, glad it went well. I will probably get flamed for this one but here it goes, a license plate light?? Really? He was fishing, plain and simple. That's just my opinion, and my father in laws, retired DPS with 33 years,,,,,,,
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2018, 11:02 AM   #57
BLACKFINTURKEY
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marion,Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
First off, glad it went well. I will probably get flamed for this one but here it goes, a license plate light?? Really? He was fishing, plain and simple. That's just my opinion, and my father in laws, retired DPS with 33 years,,,,,,,

Absolutely he was fishing but hey itís still a requirement. As a retired DPS officer Iím sure you know how many people get pulled over for a simple issue and have a lot more going on than a tail light..

Also thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BLACKFINTURKEY is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2018, 11:07 AM   #58
Rush2Judge
Eight Point

Hunt In: Wood County

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterback View Post
Pretty sure you are supposed to have a front license plate in Texas.
Yes, it is a requirement. But given there was no warning and he did not even tell her to go get it taken care of, I thought it was just an excuse (albeit a legal one) to pull her over in search of a bigger fish.
Rush2Judge is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2018, 11:20 AM   #59
NBK75
Ten Point

Hunt In: Guadalupe

I call BS .... Cibolo PD does not hand out warnings !!!!
NBK75 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2018, 11:20 AM   #60
Worksalot
Ten Point

Hunt In: On earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
I got a warning citation in Corrigan last weekend. Officer was professional.
If you hadn’t mentioned the weekend, was gonna ask if it was Chewsday again.

I got a warning from DPS for going 7 mph over the 50 mph limit. He could see I just had new tires installed. They are oversized and my speedometer hasn’t been calibrated for it. He couldn’t have been nicer. Professional all the way. I thanked him and went on my way.
Worksalot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2018, 11:35 AM   #61
scott.str
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stephens county

Going to the lease a while ago I got pulled over. Cop came to the window And mentioned a trailer light was out and he needed the usual information. I Informed him I had alot of rifles and guns in the car (on way to the lease). He said thats ok keep my hands on the wheel. He left and another cop rolled up as he was coming to my window And said his lights where dim or out. I said we had something in common we laughed he gave me a warning and I was on my way.
scott.str is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2018, 11:37 AM   #62
Chew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksalot View Post
If you hadnít mentioned the weekend, was gonna ask if it was Chewsday again.

I got a warning from DPS for going 7 mph over the 50 mph limit. He could see I just had new tires installed. They are oversized and my speedometer hasnít been calibrated for it. He couldnít have been nicer. Professional all the way. I thanked him and went on my way.
He had me dead to rights. But I pull over quickly into a safe place, out of traffic. Put my hands where he could see them and then told him I knew you. He was in the process of handcuffing me when I told him I was joking.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2018, 12:24 PM   #63
breederbuck33
Ten Point

I had a very similar experience a couple weeks ago. Only difference was I left with a speeding ticket! Guilty as charged, I told him to have a good day and he thanked me for being cooperative.
breederbuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2018, 04:42 PM   #64
flyby
Ten Point

Hunt In: Parker County

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
After doing some shopping at The Walmart I decide Iíd stop and get me an ice cream from Dairy Queen, I was headed east on FM 78 in cibilo there was a cibilo pd about 1000í in front of me and he pulled off and parked. I rolled past him probably 5 under the speed limit I was in no hury, I was enjoying my dipped cone when all a sudden head light rapidly apear behind me followed by red and blues.

I immediately pull over in a safe location,roll down my windows, shut off my truck, carefully set down my dipped cone, get my licenses out and put my hands on the steering wheel. Now this is where the story gets a little crazy,He approaches the driver side window and begins to talk to me RESPECTFULLY?? So I return the RESPECT by awnswering all question yes sir no sir, I give him all the info that he ask for. I was expecting at any second for him to pull his gun out and start shooting or at least pepper spray me, but it never happened instead he wrote me a warning for a faulty license plate light and also reminded me my insurance card is soon to expire.

He thanked me for being so cooperative and I told him to have a safe night and be careful. Itís a crazy world out there.
You did it all wrong. You're supposed to leave your tinted windows up, drive 1/2 a mile after the lights are on, stop in the left lane, then move forward 100 yards as soon as the officer steps out of his car. When he walks up and knocks on the window (since you're ignoring him), roll it down just a crack and say "What's the problem?"

Always turns into a more "interesting" interaction, and yes, it happens often.
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2018, 04:46 PM   #65
flyby
Ten Point

Hunt In: Parker County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush2Judge View Post

How many license plates does DMV give you when you get new ones? Do you think one is just a spare?
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2018, 04:50 PM   #66
stickerpatch59
Pope & Young

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
There's a lot of truth to y'alls statements. I pulled one old lady over back in the 90s because she had a big boquet of birthday balloons in the back window. I asked if she knew why I stopped her. She said, "Because my balloons are blocking my view?". I said, "No. Just wanted to tell you happy birthday from the Harris County Sheriff's Office". I thought she was gonna cry she was so relieved.

But I've also been known to say, "I stopped you for being a dumba$% in a No dumba$% zone".
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-29-2018, 05:03 PM   #67
OS_BRANDON
Ten Point

Had one pull me over last month for a faulty tail light. Had me wait outside of my Jeep with my kayak hanging out the back and fishing gear. Asked where I was going.

Uhhhh home from fishing! Asked where I was fishing, told em I donít give my spots away. Lol. He laughed.

Taillight came back on while waiting for my warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OS_BRANDON is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top