No announcement yet.

My First African Safari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In response to the fenced question. Yes it is fenced. About 8000 acres of some of the nastiest brush and rocks I have ever walked in. It was like a cross of thick south texas brush with hills and valleys and rocks like in hill country. It has self sustaining herds on it. The fence does not mean alot tho. Saw warthogs go thru it and watched a Kudu bull jump it. It was a very challenging hunt to just find an animal at times. The Kudu we chased for 3 days off and on. Tracked and worked the blue wildabeest for 4 plus miles before a clean shot was given. Just because a place is fenced doesnt mean it easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ThePumaLives View Post
      I like how you just casually drop a 58 inch Kudu in there. Seriously, wow! That’s one hell of a beast! What kind of mount are you thinking about doing on it?

The Kudu and Eland will be a dual pedestal mount I am thinking. The taxi that will be doing them has sent me some of his ideas

Comment

My First African Safari

Some pics of the terrain we hunted in. No hunting from trucks. Ride to a spot then start walking the bush was there tactics to find an animal. I took a step counter with me. In 7 days hunting I logged 44 .6 miles while hunting

Comment

Working...
        X