Anyone cook with a instapot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size do y'all have?

Everyone I know with one raves about them and says I need one.

Comment

Wife says your a loser She posted her stuff from Instacrock on the social death page FacesBooks.

She has made ribs, spaghetti and meatballs, beans, black eyed peas. Pretty good and quick

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
        What size do y'all have?

Everyone I know with one raves about them and says I need one.
        I have an 8 qt. I've made a few things but not gotten back to it since the freeze last week.

Comment

This was our initial run in the IP. Very good considering I don't eat this kind of food.
          The Best Instant Pot Recipes / Easy Pressure Cooker Recipes for the Electric Pressure Cooker

Comment

Got one for Christmas and went to try it out last week but got intimidated by all the settings. Yea I am NOT very patient and my wife called me a quitter. I'll have to give it another try.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
              Wife says your a loser She posted her stuff from Instacrock on the social death page FacesBooks.

She has made ribs, spaghetti and meatballs, beans, black eyed peas. Pretty good and quick
              yaya we instahomies now

Comment

For those doing beans, do you pre-soak the beans, or put them in dry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post

We did not pre soak our pintos or blackeye peas. Good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post

Hard, dry beans took 45 mins. I cooked them for 30 mins, then checked and added what I thought was missing, then finished em up in 15 more mins.

Comment

What’s the difference between this instant pot and a pressure cooker ?

Comment

We use ours 2-3 times a week. I've fixed ribs, venison carnitas and the wife froze up several meals that she just throws in there and BINGO they're done in no time!

Comment

Originally posted by KevBow View Post
                          What’s the difference between this instant pot and a pressure cooker ?
                          Instant Pot is a pressure cooker. I think it's supposed to be a lot safer than the old ones.

Comment

Does it come with a cookbook?

Comment

Yep. We got one for Christmas and love it! It makes great roasts, stew, etc. made a stuffed chicken thigh with cream cheese and jalapeño jelly that came out awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                                Does it come with a cookbook?
                                I’m not sure? Recipes are easy to find online though.

Comment

Working...
                                X