X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya I need to be further south

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
      Some buddies of mine hunted a place owned by them outside concan this past season. They are getting off after one season after hardly seeing anything all year.

I went hunting on a Briscoe property by Concan 4 Times (weekends) over the course of 2 years. Only deer seen between 3 of us all times combined were 2 axis bucks while driving out of the gate to leave. The place looked like it would have been awesome country to hunt, but the deer just weren’t there.

Comment

Would be news to me if they had small acreage leases like that down south

Around concan like said above is possible though

Comment

Maybe he has a big place that isn’t being leased currently and would be willing to lease part of it

Comment

Originally posted by KevBow View Post
            Maybe he has a big place that isn’t being leased currently and would be willing to lease part of it
            Always heard it’s a all or nothing thing

There’s a good chunk down there that isn’t leased and just cattle being ran on it and doesn’t make a huge difference to Chip lol

They aren’t hurting for money at all

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
              Always heard it’s a all or nothing thing

There’s a good chunk down there that isn’t leased and just cattle being ran on it and doesn’t make a huge difference to Chip lol

They aren’t hurting for money at all
              Every single word is true, chip doesn't care about hunting, cattle ranching is his true passion
              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 01-10-2018, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by neskora View Post
                I went hunting on a Briscoe property by Concan 4 Times (weekends) over the course of 2 years. Only deer seen between 3 of us all times combined were 2 axis bucks while driving out of the gate to leave. The place looked like it would have been awesome country to hunt, but the deer just weren’t there.
                Most of his places around that area are shot out. We hunted a ranch down the road from Concan and it sucked big time! There are so many people leasing from him they just shoot everything they see.

Comment

You have a better chance of winning the lottery....

Comment

Lol well that’s probably right

Comment

Ya I need to be further south
                      Not trying to poop on your party, but those type properties will laugh in your face. They don't need to lease/and won't lease 1000 acres to Joe Bob for $10K year. Just being real.

Comment

Well I appreciate all the feedback guys. Maybe something good will fall in my lap

Comment

Working...
                        X