My Best Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Best Buck

While most people were enjoying the comforts of a heater or sitting by the fireplace this past weekend, I was in the stand with the rain and cold. We have a lease around Junction and this past weekend was my last weekend to hunt for the season. I hadn't put anything down all season so I was getting a little frustrated. Saturday at the last minute, I decided to switch stands to hunt and sat in a pop up that we've seen quite a few does and hogs at and very few bucks, let alone any shooters. Well feeder goes off at 5:00 Saturday afternoon and 10 minutes later a doe walks in. She was older and I thought by herself until I saw this 8 that we have seen on camera on the other side of the ranch. The wind is perfect and blowing right in my face so they had no clue I was there. I watched for a couple minutes then they both got spooked and ran off. To say I was disappointed is an understatement, but low and behold here they come back. The doe starts feeding 35 yards out facing away from me and the buck starts feeding at 23 yards with a slight quartering away shot. I drew, settled the Trophy Ridge single pin sight and took a deep breath and released the Beman Porckchop equipped with a Muzzy Trocar Hybrid broadhead. It hit right where I was aiming and he ran 50 yards, looked back at the blind and started the stumbling. I was pumped as this is the biggest buck I have shot with a bow or rifle and I saw him go down. Waited about 20 min to go get him and there he was under a cedar tree. He must have turned to me when I drew because the entrance was where I was aiming, but the exit was in front of his back leg. Got him back and cleaned up and the Muzzy did work on both lungs. He may not be the biggest buck out there, but he's a trophy for me and will be hanging on the wall. I think my 3 daughters were just as excited as I was when they saw the pictures. Oh and when I did recover him, he had a crab claw broke off on both sides.
    Attached Files

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats nice buck !

Comment

Great story and buck

Comment

Congrats and good shot!!!! Sounds like the broadhead may have hit one of the opposing side ribs that caused the arrow to exit in front of the opposing side rear leg. Either way GREAT buck!!!

Comment

Way to go!

Congrats,

Bisch

Comment

congrats on a dang nice bow kill!

Comment

Good job and story, congrats.

Comment

Nice buck. Congrats!

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Congratulations on your hunting success. You got it done with your bow and that makes it extra special. Not everyone can pull that off.

Comment

Congrats on a great buck

Comment

awesome

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Comment

Nice trophy for you...Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                              X