What do you do in East Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you do in East Texas?

When deer season is over? Break out the spotlight! Just kidding (sort of....)

Time to switch gears and focus on fish! I'll be trying some new techniques and might even try my luck in a tournament or two. Got a camping trip to Toledo Bend in the makings. Never have fished that lake even though I live 30 minutes from it. Looking forward to that trip.

What's your fishing "season" looking like?

Meth

Comment

I go fishing! Also start hog trapping. I hope to catch and sell as many as I can over the next couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        Meth

HAHA that's a hel* of a drug! I do some predator control, hog hunt with dogs, and hog hunt at night with lights.. Helps pass the time a little

Comment

Well, I'm closing on a house on Cedar Creek lake this week. I'll get moved in and get my boat moved to it's new house in my back yard and get it in its lift and ready to go. I'll get the kayaks and canoe ready and a paddleboat too.
          I'll catch Crappie off my dock this spring, I'll put out a fish feeder on my seawall so I can catch cats anytime, and I'll explore the South end of the lake and learn a bit about catching hybrids!

So, all in all, I'm really looking forward to my year of fishing!

Comment

Fish,Fish, and Fish

Comment

I use this time to scout. Leaves are still off the trees. Easier to see outta the woods. Move stands. Try and get stuff done before the heat of summer and scou?shed hunt soon. Feed up some hog areas. Burn old stands.

Comment

Still deer season for us until the 31st and it may get extended. When thats over then fishing, planting and building things for the lease and the house.

Comment

Fish!

Comment

Considering some predator hunting

Comment

Fish mainly for reds, trout, and some bonus flounder out of my yak but hope to make a few trips to Toledo! Also, golf! Got down to 74 a couple of times before deer season so I am hoping to get under par.

Comment

meth, lots n lots of meth

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          Meth

DANG IT, beat me to it! ............................sorry I wasn't paying attention...........just methin around...........

Comment

Squirrels, rabbits, fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Txjourneyman View Post
                              Well, I'm closing on a house on Cedar Creek lake this week. I'll get moved in and get my boat moved to it's new house in my back yard and get it in its lift and ready to go. I'll get the kayaks and canoe ready and a paddleboat too.
                              I'll catch Crappie off my dock this spring, I'll put out a fish feeder on my seawall so I can catch cats anytime, and I'll explore the South end of the lake and learn a bit about catching hybrids!

So, all in all, I'm really looking forward to my year of fishing!
                              That's a storm surge that I want no part of.

There's only 2 seasons, Hunting & Fishing season.

Comment

Working...
                              X