New hog poisoning process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New hog poisoning process

I really don't know what to think about this?

Might be a good read. But i don't want to subscribe

Comment

They need to poison them only way well ever get ahold of them

Comment

Comment

I read the article and I still think that poisoning pigs will be a big waste of time and money. I think pigs are so smart that they will learn not to eat the poison bait. Sure you might kill a bunch at first but over time the poison bait will be less and less effective. They also mentioned that the poison will be encapsulated in the the bait so the hogs wont know they are eating poison. Well if there is one thing I know, it's pigs have the best noses around or at least know how to use them the best. I wouldn't be surprised if the pigs figure out how to smell the poisoned bait from good bait.

Comment

Good read.

Comment

I'm not ok with poisoning. Sooner or later that poison makes its way inter a lot of other animals systems.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpshooter1 View Post
                I'm not ok with poisoning. Sooner or later that poison makes its way inter a lot of other animals systems.

Including us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are they gonna put a big sign up too? "HOGS ONLY"? That way the other animals don't eat it.

Comment

dont like the idea of poisoning but what are the other options?

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
                      dont like the idea of poisoning but what are the other options?

Letting me in there with my son. My Sks or AK, his AR and couple hundred rounds.

Comment

Everyone hates hogs until solutions are put on the table to test...

Comment

is it just my computer or is it only pulling up a single paragraph?

Comment

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
                            Letting me in there with my son. My Sks or AK, his AR and couple hundred rounds.

Sport hunting will never control the hog population. The state dropped the ball on this one years ago and now landowners are reaping the "rewards". My friend and myself kill every hog we see during deer season, we night hunt them over corn, and every time I'm down there I slip around in the golf cart and kill one every now and then. Ain't made a dent in them trapping and shooting. I don't know what the answer is, but ARs and AKs ain't it ! One shot, one pig, and they're gone !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              Sport hunting will never control the hog population. The state dropped the ball on this one years ago and now landowners are reaping the "rewards". My friend and myself kill every hog we see during deer season, we night hunt them over corn, and every time I'm down there I slip around in the golf cart and kill one every now and then. Ain't made a dent in them trapping and shooting. I don't know what the answer is, but ARs and AKs ain't it ! One shot, one pig, and they're gone !
                              Truer words have never been spoken. Hunting and Trapping is never going to control the pig population.

Comment

Working...
                              X