Got my Doe tag & removing vines from trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my Doe tag & removing vines from trees

I got my doe tag for the SHNF. I have not had much luck hunting our farm in north texas as there are simply too many acorns on the ground and the deer are feeding at night. I may have to rely on the SHNF for my deer this year. i also learned a valuable lesson. I cut and removed a vine hanging from my oak tree as i thought it might hamper my climber stands ability to grip the oak tree. It turned out to be poison ivy or poison oak. i never saw the leaves {they were high up i guess}, but I have a rash on my wrist and all over the side of my belly and that is a big rash ha,ha. This is miserable, wont do that again. Woody

Argh, been there done that. Hot day, got it all over my face from wiping sweat off my forehead. Woke up the next day all puffy, could barely open my eyes. No fun!

Comment

woody,
      get you some pickling lime and make a thick paste out of it and apply to poison ivy. let it dry and do not rub off, just let it wear off and reapply as needed. it will dry it up quick.
      DO NOT cover this stuff up with a bandage or similar as it will burn the crap out of your skin.

Comment

I havent really had any trouble with poison oak or ivy I have run into it but just not affected me much the thing that has killes me this year are the chiggers that boogers are all over I got mostly on thighs and calfs but man they suck and itch. Hey woody if you dont mind me asking where is your lease in north texas I live in denton and I am looking for a lease to hunt on and rent, I would like to be able to setup feeders and stands.

Comment

Working...
        X