Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBJ Clean up...Is it time?!?!

Hello All,
    There was much discussion last year, and earlier this year about getting a group of TBHers who hunt LBJ to gether to volunteer for a clean up day. I have put my name on the list every time, and I am ready to get after it!! If I remember correctly, it would be done after turkey season was over, so folks would have time to help. So whomever was leading this effort, when is the time and place?!?

ttt where did everyone go????

Comment

Where is this LBJ of which you speak?

Comment

Wise county. Northeast, and some west of Decatur. Not too far up 287 from where you are. Good hunting, sometimes crowded, but not bad. 20K+ acres.

Comment

20k+ acres?............ I could get lost .......

I think Buckfever (Dave in Denton) had an extream hunt that included a clean up day a while back. But another clean up day wouldn't hurt the hunter image at all.

If I come, just be sure to put a teather around me so I don't wonder off.

Where would everyone meet?

Comment

Going to jump on the band wagon since I plan on hunting LBJ the rest of my life..lets git er done!

Comment

The plan as I recall it was for everyone to meet at the main campround. I cannot remember the name of it, but it is easy enough to find. There is also a forest ranger or someone that actually works there who is a TBHer that said they will provide garbage bags. Clean, tell hunting tales, and improve hunter's image for all to see. Sounds like an idea that needs to followed through with. Maybe buckfever will see this and chime in soon.

Comment

come on guys lets get it go'n

Comment

Clean-up

Might be able to make that if o.k., when? How is public supposed to know that you are hunters? Wear camo....then they won't be able to see you! Carry a bow while cleaning up? Then they will think you are Rambo garbage men! Rick

Comment

Im down with some cleaning;;;;;;;======>

Comment

I have been slammed at work, and at home, and have not been on TBH as much as usual.

Basically, we all just switched tactics and started carrying our own trash bags around when we hit the woods. Our extreme hunt/ cleanup had alot of scheduling conflicts and was not as successful as we would have hoped. So since everyone is usually slammed with family and job stuff, we all just started carrying our own bags when we all go out there on our own. You would be suprised at how much you accumulate.

I am still onboard with a group effort, but with a brand new baby my time is limited, and I cannot ram rod it. I know Bob, Toona, Myself, Trykonshooter Mike, and some others would be in for a clean up/ fishing with the kids day. The only downside to this time of year are the snakes and the ticks. But I have snake boots and spray.

If someone sets it up, I will come.

Dave in Denton

Comment

Memorial Clean-up

I'll be out there Sunday around 9AM starting with Black Creek area. I bow hunted from there last year and know there is someone elses trash that needs to go home in my VW bus. Maybe I'll meet someone there. Barn

Comment

A group outing still sounds like a good idea, but until that happens, we should continue to do what we can, when we can on an individual basis. My guess is we'll probably group up again when the "season" get here.

Comment

I'm interested- I would like to help.

Comment

so...wheres the worst areas needing cleaning ? Seein' as how I aint been thar in a spell<ceptin' for the bird area> Im not sure where the truly bad spots are

Comment

Working...
                              X