No announcement yet.

Matador WMA info??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The compartments at Matador incorporate all the area in the WMA. Usually they don't place people in all compartments at the same time. The reason for this as I understand is that a person may not like the area that they draw and may like to move to another. Also when one compartment becames vacant, either because someone limited out or just leaves the area, that compartment will be available also.
    The people out at Matador try to accommodate those who are drawn as best as they can.
    As I understand the point system in Texas. If you are not drawn one year then you are given a point, which means that your name goes in the pot twice etc. It doesn't seem to be the same system, per-say as those in states like Colorado. If this is not correct, then someone can set me in straight.
    I basically like the system, even though I haven't been drawn for the bow hunt out there for a number of years. At least you don't have people running all over you when you are hunting and the age and size of the bucks are improving each year.

Comment

My brother and I got drawn for the third weekend of 2006. We saw plenty of mule deer and whitetail, and even taking a shot at a doe, however in the compartment we were in we didn't see any hogs. We got stranded because of high water coming through Salt Creek and ended up spending the night in the truck. If there is any luck in the world I will be back next year.

Comment

THX for this info

Comment

Working...
        X