No announcement yet.

Lever Guns post em up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to dig through my pics but I have a couple levers to post. Also have a Marlin 45/70 that I'd consider selling.

Comment

Marlin 1894 41 magnum with a leather cheek riser done by Geoff (allaround).

Recently picked up a Henry Big Boy carbine in 41 magnum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Don't have a pic but I was handed down my grandfathers Savage 99 in a 300sav. Bought new in the early 60's. Still looks and shoots great, nothing like laying some lead down with a lever gun!
        Got a Henry Golden Boy in 22lr a few years ago. Amazing accuracy out of the box and points like a dream

Comment

Originally posted by Picorancher71 View Post
          I put a Skinner rear peep and a front post sight. Both of them are "winged". To sight in the elevation, it involves some filing of the base of the sight post. I put a Primary Arms red dot sight, but I haven't sighted it in yet.
          Winchester 94/22M mounted w/a Vortex Sparc II....1 rd to the ear takes down any size hog.
          Nice weapons Pico! I really like the looks of that Vortex

Which do you prefer, the PA sight or the Vortex? Do they sit low enough to be comfortably get on target quick? Are they both mounted on Skinner rails or some other mounting system?

Comment

I have several but only pics of 2. A Winchester 1894 Trapper in .45 Colt and a Marlin 1894 in 357 Magnum.

I would highly recommend that if you want to see some nice lever rifles that you go to Waco and see the Texas Ranger Museum and Hall of Fame. There are also many other firearms on display, I mean lot of them, It's definately worth the drive there.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
              Very nice. Who did the work? Did you have the mag tube shortened?
              Yep, the mag-tube was shortened, the work was done by Ranger Point Precision in Houston. They specialize in lever guns.

They did such a good job on the tube shortening, I couldn't even tell it had been worked on. No marks left, and the bluing still looked the same.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                Is that a urberti? A 73 in 357 will be my next gun.
                It is an Uberti. I love it! My dad has the same chambered in .357 like you are wanting its a shooter.

Comment

Top is a Rossi 92 in 45lc. Middle is my 1978 marlin 336 in 30-30. Last is my Henry 22 lr
                  Attached Files

Comment

[ATTACH]873967[/ATTACH]

Rattle can 336
                    Last edited by Mambajeep; 09-22-2017, 07:16 PM.

Comment

ALL very nice!!!!

Comment

Both are Marlin, one is a jm stamped 450 marlin and the other in 44mag
                        Attached Files

Comment

Lever Guns post em up

A "jm"?. The only 450 Marlin I'm familiar with is the Marlin guide gun. Great pig round- hit 'em with a griz round and I've flipped it in the before it hit the dirt. Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I put a Skinner rear peep and a front post sight. Both of them are "winged". To sight in the elevation, it involves some filing of the base of the sight post. I put a Primary Arms red dot sight, but I haven't sighted it in yet.

Have you hunted with the skinner sights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just posted up this 94AE in 44mag...it's a pretty snazzy gun, but I like the older ones.

Comment

On the left. A rare 1964 Marlin Marauder in .35 Rem
                                On the right a Marlin 30AS in 30/30.
                                2marlins by Tony Pic, on Flickr

I also have a safe queen Win 94 Trapper in 44mag Centennial edition with 1894-1994 engraved on receiver. Poor gun never sees light.

Comment

Working...
                                X