Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Sabine River Bottom- I drew!!

hey greenscreen!!

I drew for the gun hunt at Old Sabine River Bottom. I know the typical advice of get out and scout. Which i am doing already. but has anyone been on this hunt and any advice on where to start my scouting mission.

thank you

Didn't you have the biologist for that property on the podcast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

oh yeah i did but i also like to get the greenscreen feedback.

Comment

My place is across the river . . Lots of good bucks . . Thick . .

Comment

I got drawn as well and everywhere I read everyone has said that if you want to have a chance to get a deer you need an ATV and go as far as possible from the public road. I don't know how I feel about the hunt. Spoke with the warden about it and told me that it is not a hunt that you will see 30+ deer but rather just another opportunity to get out and possibly see a deer.

Comment

Here's one on my side . .
            Date should be last week . .

Comment

the ATV this is pretty interesting. I am hoping to get a compartment that is on the river and use the YAK to get in. Being so thick and the fact that i think they killed 3 deer off OSRB last year. I would imagine if you hunt hard and scout even harder you might find a big deer.

Comment

Its gonna be tough. Deer density is way low out there. Should be able to find a hog though.

Comment

It's the prettiest woods I've never seen a deer in but I haven't been there much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been there twice and saw a couple deer each time, but no shot opportunities. Beautiful woods to hunt in during the fall.

Comment

Working...
                    X