Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermacell won't ignite? Easily fixable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermacell won't ignite? Easily fixable.

Don't throw away your old Thermacell if it won't ignite when you push the button. You might be able to fix it easily.

An old TC of mine has become very hard to ignite, only firing on about the 30th start button push. I took it apart and pulled out the very thin black wire that goes from the sparker button to the fire chamber at the chamber end. It was slightly sooty and corroded. I cleaned it with rubbing alcohol and scraped off the corrosion down to shiny bare wire, stuck the wire back into it's slot and reassembled. Fired up on the first button push. Try this fix before you toss a Thermacell that won't fire up. Very simple 5 minute repair.

Great info!

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks, hope I remember this when time comes.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Great to know, Thanks!

Comment

Too late reading this! I just threw out old trusty that I bought almost 11 years ago for giving me similar issues.

Comment

Good deal but do you have a solution for finding a misplaced thermacell unit? I can't fine it anywhere and these critters or bad after 24 inches of rain!

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great info. Mine is about 12 yrs old and takes 6-8 pushes before it fires up. May do a little maintenance today.

Comment

May have to try this. Mine got wet and although it still fires up, it doesnt have near the heat it used too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntinonly View Post
                      Good deal but do you have a solution for finding a misplaced thermacell unit? I can't fine it anywhere and these critters or bad after 24 inches of rain!
                      Have you looked at Academy or Wal Mart? Bet you can find it there!!!
                      Thanks for the tip. I have one that is hard to lite up!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntinonly View Post
                        Buy another one. Worked for me. Now I have two !

Comment

No need for home repairs. They have excellent customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            No need for home repairs. They have excellent customer service.

x2

I sent two back, and both got fixed.

Comment

I'm doing this, I have the same problem. Thanks for the post

Comment

Working...
                              X