I got drawn at last!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got drawn at last!!!!

Well after 2 years of trying I got my email . Moved from N AZ and well the lease deal has gotten me down some, Tried hunting walk on public and that is pretty much over run . Looking forward to the hunt. New Hoyt carbon turbo to put some meat in the freezer. Time to get the new bow set up and start to shoot.

Gus Engeling WMA
    12/7/2015 - 12/11/2015
    Last edited by HDWRENCH; 09-22-2015, 07:49 AM.

Best of luck. Visited N AZ this summer. Beautiful. How is the hunting there?

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by gonzaleziam View Post
        Best of luck. Visited N AZ this summer. Beautiful. How is the hunting there?

Well lets say you had better have your walking boots on. Mule deer move a ton, spot and stalk is the best approach in archery. Just about everything else is a draw hunt. I went 4 years without a draw.. Tons area to hunt , just not many tags. Elk is very good, last deer archery I had 3 cows and 2 bulls at the water hole, just no tag

Comment

Good luck and that's fast on getting drawn... 7 points in the adult categories and this is the first year I was selected.

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
            Well after 2 years of trying I got my email . Moved from N AZ and well the lease deal has gotten me down some, Tried hunting walk on public and that is pretty much over run . Looking forward to the hunt. New Hoyt carbon turbo to put some meat in the freezer. Time to get the new bow set up and start to shoot.

Gus Engeling WMA
            12/7/2015 - 12/11/2015
            Welcome to Texas!
            Good luck, hope you enjoy. My first and only hunt, so far, took me 7 years.

Comment

Thanks I have had zero time to scout any public land and came up empty on private.. so now to find a public place. I am getting a late start but owning your own shop can be a handful most times.

Comment

What general area do you live HD?

Comment

Fixed that in the profile.. I live in Keller. Work has been crazy for the last two years but now have it under control. Moved here two years ago and no friends lost all my hunting buddys from AZ ..

Looking to find a area more north or west. Heck I cannot be picky as I have no clue really.. I did one walk on last year and thought maybe there was a party going on some where..

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
                    Fixed that in the profile.. I live in Keller. Work has been crazy for the last two years but now have it under control. Moved here two years ago and no friends lost all my hunting buddys from AZ ..

Looking to find a area more north or west. Heck I cannot be picky as I have no clue really.. I did one walk on last year and thought maybe there was a party going on some where..
                    Lake Meredith is public hunting. Other than your regular hunting license, you don't need any other permits to hunt it; It's a National Recreation Area. I hear it's a pretty tough hunt, but you can kill white-tail bucks and does, and Mule Deer bucks during the Mule-Deer season (No Mule Deer does though). It's walk in public hunting.... and North-West of Keller! lol

Comment

Quite a bit N and W of Keller!

Comment

Working...
                      X