Total Deaths Jan-April 2019 vs 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total Deaths Jan-April 2019 vs 2020

I heard someone say but cannot find any articles to support this that the total number of deaths per 100,000 ppl in the US was the same this year as last year. That C-19 is real but not really deadly at all. That everyone dying with C-19 that has the virus or antibodies is getting coded as a c-19 death regardless of the prevalence of any other issues.

Has anyone found anything evidence to support this they could share with me.
    Last edited by JBJTX81; 05-12-2020, 09:22 PM.

I have not heard this but it would not surprise me.

Comment

I was specifically looking for the total April death number regardless of cause a few days ago but could not find it. The total deaths in March was way down compared to the most recent years. I was thinking April would be even lower as the entire country was shutdown for the entire month. COVID.....saving lives.

Comment

In fort bend county deaths as a whole have been down! It’s very strange. Yes there are still your hospice,and natural (that don’t get chalked up as COVID) but homicides, suicides and crash related are down.

Comment

Initially before we ever saw a case of this crap in the US, I was pretty scared of it. But now that it is hear and I'm seeing it and dealing with it daily in my business, I honestly don't think it is nearly as bad as folks are making it out to be. The stats are really being skewed and I'm seeing that happen first hand. I don't know if maybe TX has a different strain vs the rest of the US/World, but I'm seeing some very frail very co-morbid folks test positive for this stuff that are 100% asymptomatic and there is no change to their baseline health at all. I'm also seeing young healthy folks testing positive for it as well and they are also 100% asymptotic. The more I see and deal with this on a daily basis the less and less concerned I am about how deadly the virus is. I'm sure there are several factors that come into play that I'm unaware of that are leading me to a false conclusion but what I'm observing is not congruent with anything I've been seeing in the media thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
            Initially before we ever saw a case of this crap in the US, I was pretty scared of it. But now that it is hear and I'm seeing it and dealing with it daily in my business, I honestly don't think it is nearly as bad as folks are making it out to be. The stats are really being skewed and I'm seeing that happen first hand. I don't know if maybe TX has a different strain vs the rest of the US/World, but I'm seeing some very frail very co-morbid folks test positive for this stuff that are 100% asymptomatic and there is no change to their baseline health at all. I'm also seeing young healthy folks testing positive for it as well and they are also 100% asymptotic. The more I see and deal with this on a daily basis the less and less concerned I am about how deadly the virus is. I'm sure there are several factors that come into play that I'm unaware of that are leading me to a false conclusion but what I'm observing is not congruent with anything I've been seeing in the media thus far.

Man I hope you’re right. If we can get a solid bead on what percentage are asymptotic that would give a lot of confidence for people to start living again. Then again, I’ve seen some healthy folks get pretty dang sick from this. There’s a genetic component that we are missing. It’s seems so random how a 90 year old can get it and be asymptomatic and a young healthy person is sick as a dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not to be the blacksheep but this bug is real-
              I have 2 relatives that lost their lives to it up on east coast...don't believe everything you hear and definitely educate yourself w good data.

Comment

On one of our job sites the GC paid for testing of personnel. 12 people positive. Not a symptom from any of them. Made them stay home 14 days and back to work. Who knows how many of the rest of the people ended up with it. No continued testing unless someone shows symptoms.

Comment

I got a text tonight for places you can go get tested for antibodies, I’m thinking about doing it just to see. That’s the only number that really matters anyway.

I don’t know who’s getting more rich selling tests, but they are mostly worthless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The overall death rate rate varies wildly depending on where you are. According to the NYT, deaths are 300% above average in New York City but up only 9% in the rest of that state. Deaths in New Jersey are 90% above normal and up 25% in Massachusetts. There are 4 states in the teens, the rest at 10% or below and 14 states have had overall death rates below normal.
                    Last edited by jerp; 05-13-2020, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                      I heard someone say but cannot find any articles to support this that the total number of deaths per 100,000 ppl in the US was the same this year as last year. That C-19 is real but not really deadly at all. That everyone dying with C-19 that has the virus or antibodies is getting coded as a c-19 death regardless of the prevalence of any other issues.

Has anyone found anything evidence to support this they could share with me.
                      The bolded has been proven over and over. They were not even trying to hid it for a while. Heck there was one report given to a hospital when testing was scarce that told them to chalk and death that had any symptoms of COVID as a COVID death. And with them getting tons of money per COVID death why wouldn't they chalk up more?

There are lots of Youtube videos etc on all this.

Comment

I have a friend that is a Aflac Insurance agent. One of his customers went into a diabetic shock event. When he went to the hospital they would not admit him unless he signed his admin papers that said he had Covid Symptoms. Now they are sifting through the Covid related charges to his hospital stay. He never had Covid but has a statement with Covid related charges.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                          Not to be the blacksheep but this bug is real-
                          I have 2 relatives that lost their lives to it up on east coast...don't believe everything you hear and definitely educate yourself w good data.
                          No blacksheeping, but that's purely anecdotal evidence (not downplaying the sadness of losing your loved ones). But, I haven't lost any relatives/friends/acquaintances/co-workers.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                            No blacksheeping, but that's purely anecdotal evidence (not downplaying the sadness of losing your loved ones). But, I haven't lost any relatives/friends/acquaintances/co-workers.
                            Keep in mind 30-60k people in the USA die each year from the Flu.

So a lot of people each year say the Flu is bad. I only know 2 people that have had COVID and neither are in Texas and both just got sick like a bad cold.

Comment

Its a real virus. I don't doubt it. I can hurt folks or possibly make folks die. I don't doubt that. But how many folks world wide die of mosquito bites and cigarettes each year? The hysteria over this and the damage it is doing to the economy is insane. Worldwide if we all had the same laser focus on malaria (that kills 3mm folks every year) would folks be fearful of leaving their homes lest they get bitten by a mosquito?

25% of the folks dying of c-19 are men over 75. Life expectancy in the USA for men is 76.1!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X