Cashless Society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cashless Society

Just heard on the news this evening that some business will not be accepting cash when they open back to the public. Is this a move to make a "Cashless" society?

Idk, but I think there’s a few places already doing that!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I very rarely use cash these days anyway. I'd say 99% of my transactions are debit card.

Comment

Won't happen long term...I pay cash for everything but gas & live in the rgv. Most are gonna take it.

Comment

Sounds like a good scare tactic. Just turned off the local news due to their “you better be scared” BS. If a business doesn’t want my cash then **** em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope that’s not the new way of doin business, i see their point but that would go south in a hurry for us I’m afraid

Comment

Businesses should factor in the credit/debit processing fees and charge that to the consumer. No fees attached when someone pays me cash. I hate seeing how much I pay each month in processing fees. That’s all money that I worked for but was lost because someone paid with plastic. Kendall county charges 3% extra on any county fees payed with a card.

Comment

I know of a few restaurants that are cash only.

Comment

Never seen a business on my life turn down cash...

Comment

Don’t take my cash **** em! I’ll go elsewhere!

Comment

Hmmm. "This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private."

Comment

They can’t track your spending habits if you pay with cash.

Comment

They have tried this in some of the larger cities but it’s my understanding from the articles I have read some of the courts rule against it. Reason being not everyone has a debit or credit card for what ever reasons.

I do not know the validity of these articles but here are a couple links making reference of against cashless stores. Yes they are from liberal areas.

Washington, D.C., is the latest city to consider banning businesses from rejecting cash. Opponents of cashless stores say they discriminate against low-income, homeless and undocumented people.
                          Last edited by tps7742; 04-23-2020, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Countries headed to a cashless society. Personally it’s a bad idea imo.

The page you are looking for doesn't exist or has been moved.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Roads View Post
                              Just heard on the news this evening that some business will not be accepting cash when they open back to the public. Is this a move to make a "Cashless" society?
                              If you can get a plastic credit/debit card, why can't you get an ID to vote? Dems scream unconstitutional to require ID because some folks can't get it.

Comment

Working...
                              X