Shoulder mount turnaround time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18 months is a little long for me.
    I think I would make a visit and check to see if he still has the deer if it was me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      [ATTACH]957387[/ATTACH]

Not sure if this is an Pronghorn form, but I have never seen a whitetail with a form like this. It is the whitetail in the top right hand corner of the pics to the upper right of the closed mount javi!. The legs or beginning of the legs is what makes me think it is a pronghorn form. Others have said the same thing, but not sure, and the neck is about as big around as a baseball! Chance if you think this is a whitetail form please let me know.
      Couldn’t tell you what the form is, but it is definitely funky looking

Comment

[ATTACH]957387[/ATTACH]

Not sure if this is an Pronghorn form, but I have never seen a whitetail with a form like this. It is the whitetail in the top right hand corner of the pics to the upper right of the closed mount javi!. The legs or beginning of the legs is what makes me think it is a pronghorn form. Others have said the same thing, but not sure, and the neck is about as big around as a baseball! Chance if you think this is a whitetail form please let me know.
        It's not a pronghorn form. Cape looks slick so I'm guessing an early season kill? That would explain the small neck. I don't know what form manufacturer that is. Usually I can name them right off, but not that one.

Comment

I picked my 2017 deer up this week from the taxidermist.

Comment

8-12 months

Also depends if it’s taken to him earlier in the season or later

Comment

[ATTACH]957387[/ATTACH]

I have one very similar to that.

5.5 year old buck that dressed 165 pounds and scored 160” looks like I shot a 2.5 year old deer according to the form and work.
              First and last time that lady got my money. The rest of her work I saw was great which sucks.

Comment

Hopefully i get it back and it looks as good as the mounts I’ve seen of his. If it’s good work I have absolutely no issues waiting 18 months which is the reason I’m not gonna mention the shop i took it to and smear his name.
                I’ll post some pictures when I get it and give y’all an honest opinion.

Comment

[ATTACH]957387[/ATTACH]

That is a Impala manikin. It looks like a old "Jonas" form. Probably a 6 3/4x 17.. It looks like they even used the Impala head too. That doesn't even resemble a deer. They just changed the nose out.. You should have rejected that junk..

Just a tip:
                  It's impossible to mount a bigger cape(20-21"on a smaller manikin(16-17"). It just doesn't work. And vise versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by PondPopper; 05-18-2019, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                    I have one very similar to that.

5.5 year old buck that dressed 165 pounds and scored 160” looks like I shot a 2.5 year old deer according to the form and work.
                    First and last time that lady got my money. The rest of her work I saw was great which sucks.
                    Where and when did you kill him? Body weight means nothing in relation to neck size. When they are killed is the most deciding factor on neck size, assuming they are an older deer. We can't really do anything to neck sizes, they are what they are. But we can (should be able to) make the face look age appropriate. Got a pic?

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                      Where and when did you kill him? Body weight means nothing in relation to neck size. When they are killed is the most deciding factor on neck size, assuming they are an older deer. We can't really do anything to neck sizes, they are what they are. But we can (should be able to) make the face look age appropriate. Got a pic?
                      I’ll see if I can find one.

November on the Zapata/Webb county line

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7721.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	24579994

Saw this and thought about this thread.

Comment

Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                            It's not a pronghorn form. Cape looks slick so I'm guessing an early season kill? That would explain the small neck. I don't know what form manufacturer that is. Usually I can name them right off, but not that one.
                            Not sure exactly when I killed this buck but it was after Thanksgiving that year so definitely not an early season kill. Definitely the smallest neck on any deer I have mounted.

Comment

Not sure exactly when I killed this buck but it was after Thanksgiving that year so definitely not an early season kill. Definitely the smallest neck on any deer I have mounted.

Just for ships and giggles......do you have LDP of that deer? I’d be interested to compare the 2

Comment

Well I received my shoulder mount yesterday and I can say it was worth the wait. Putting it next to mounts from other taxidermist I can tell the difference in detail and quality. Would definitely use him again!

Comment

Working...
                                X