Worst landowner "rules"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
    Reading the 2019 lease finder thread had me thinking about landowner rules.

One of the ads said you couldnt bring firewood onto the ranch or take firewood off of the ranch. Guess its hard to just say no fires?

What are the worst rules you have heard from the landowner on your current lease or in the past?
    We had a landowner in the Hill Country ask us not to bring firewood from home because we were from East TX and have fire ants and the Hill Country didn’t. I could respect his request because it does make sense.

Comment

So what yall are saying is read the fine print before signing. Most of what yall have posted would have made me keep my money in my pocket..

Comment

Family lease but can't bring grandkid.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
          So what yall are saying is read the fine print before signing. Most of what yall have posted would have made me keep my money in my pocket..

you are only hearing of the worst land owners - there are some really fine ones out there too - I have been on a lease for eleven years with awesome land owners -

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            Had a lease in in Archer County where our camp was about 1/2 mile inside the gate on a dirt ranch road. The first year the landowner reamed us out several times for driving in when it was wet and leaving ruts. The next year he put it in the lease agreement that we were not allowed on the property if it had rained 1/2” or more in the previous 24 hours and if it started raining while we were there we had to leave. The pumper that worked the wells on the place told me that his company bladed the roads when they got rutted as part of their agreement so it was no trouble for the landowner.
            I was on a lease in Vernon with a notable TBHer that handed me a set of lease rules that said no driving your main vehicles if it had rained and I signed, the first day of the season I drive off, it hadn’t rained in 3 months, and got talked to when I returned that the land owner didn’t want his roads powdered Not in the lease rules when we signed then, but funny how they evolved

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
              I was on a lease in Vernon with a notable TBHer that handed me a set of lease rules that said no driving your main vehicles if it had rained and I signed, the first day of the season I drive off, it hadn’t rained in 3 months, and got talked to when I returned that the land owner didn’t want his roads powdered Not in the lease rules when we signed then, but funny how they evolved
              Wait until you have to work on ranches owned by people like that. What you are told ends up changing from week to week. There’s very little certainty on much of anything. Real nice work atmosphere.

Comment

I'll powder you "hand"!😜

Comment

Originally posted by shooter2007 View Post
                  Who wouldn’t want to lease to firefighters?
                  Maybe he was afraid theyd take all the time at the ping pong table and roll up the garden hose for no reason

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                    Wait until you have to work on ranches owned by people like that. What you are told ends up changing from week to week. There’s very little certainty on much of anything. Real nice work atmosphere.
                    Which is why I came to the decision to either own or quit

Originally posted by Huggybear View Post
                    I'll powder you "hand"!��
                    I know you will You are a very sensitive man

Comment

This thread has great potential

Comment

Had a buddy show me a lease agreement a number of years ago for property near Beeville. Can't make this up.

1. No alcohol on the property. (liability)

2. No cooking outside. (scares the deer)

3. I (the land owner) will hunt my land over the Christmas holidays so my kids can hunt and no lease members are allowed on the property until the first full weekend in January. This will begin 4 days before Christmas day.

4. No locks on lease members deer blinds.

I probably reworded it but that was the gist of it. He passed on it.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                          One of those "cant live within *** miles of lease"
                          I’ve had to turn away from a couple because of this. I was told it was to keep the pressure low. No biggie. I just didn’t meet the qualifications.

Comment

Which is why I came to the decision to either own or quit

b
                            Yep. Totally know how that is. .

Comment

"No Louisiana hunters."

Comment

It's a year around lease but you must "Call before you come every time".

Thats almost always CODE for I am day leasing it or hunting it when you are not here...

Comment

Working...
                                X