Elk guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk guide

Can anyone recommend archery elk guides in colorado? Wanting to get something booked for the upcoming season.

What’s you budget? Public land or private land?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

$10kish

doesn't matter to me on public/private. Do want meals included though

Comment

Calhoun Outfitters, check my post under rate the day lease for more info. He has several different packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There's a guy out of Durango, Corey. He guides that area. Only contact info I have for him is to call Duranglers.

Comment

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
            Can anyone recommend archery elk guides in colorado? Wanting to get something booked for the upcoming season.
            You're in N Texas, the Dallas Safari Club show is this weekend. Sounds like a perfect time for you to go visit with some outfitters and pick one. Plus it's a really cool show.

Comment

With that budget I’d go private land with someone like Silver Spur Outfitters. Most outfitters in CO are permitted on public land and the hunting can be very tough. Being able to hunt a private ranch is preferable to me in CO.
              My 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by Gherkin05 View Post
                With that budget I’d go private land with someone like Silver Spur Outfitters. Most outfitters in CO are permitted on public land and the hunting can be very tough. Being able to hunt a private ranch is preferable to me in CO.
                My 2 cents

Have you been with them? Looking at their website it seems like a 300inch class bull is an exception. I was looking for someone that 300 is more the norm

Comment

Why not New Mexico? With that budget I think your chances of finding over a 300 inch bull are greater in NM and can be done on private land.

Comment

Yes, land owner tags in NM Gila area is within that price range. I'd stay away from CO if you are looking for that size of critter and have a budget like that. Shoot me a PM if you want to learn a bit more, I have a contact or two. You will have a blast either way.

Comment

Compass West Outfitters in NM with that budget. Get a unit wide Landowner tag. I saw 6 bulls over 300 before i shot mine on the 3rd day. First archery season on Public ground. They have some ranch hunts too but the public around there is sooooo good.

Comment

Have you been with them? Looking at their website it seems like a 300inch class bull is an exception. I was looking for someone that 300 is more the norm

I have not, I know of them and their reputation is good. I guided in the Gunnison NF for many years and big bulls are not the norm in CO. CO sells a lot of tags and there just aren’t as many big bulls to be had.

If you want a good shot at a 300+” bull go private land in NM. That’s your best bet, hands down.

Comment

You could probably get one of them high fenced elk from CO for that price if fair chase doesn't interest you.

Comment

For s $10,000 budget you should be able to find a bull over 350” or an opportunity at some in that range.
                            Like said above if HF is an option one approaching 400” should be s avaliable. I have a friend that killed a 444” NT for $12,000 on a HF place a few years back. My 345” was only $3500.

Comment

$10kish

doesn't matter to me on public/private. Do want meals included though
                              If you have 10K I would go to New Mexico..

Comment

Working...
                              X